How's your Apple iPhone 5/5s leather case holding up?

sajeago

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
My blue case started to become dark blue along the edges pretty quickly. So, since I own a laser engraving business, I decided I might as well engrave something on it. I was hoping the engraving would be the same dark blue... but it wasn't, it was grayish brown. It was cool but wasn't a big fan.
iphone-fresh.jpg

However, after a few months it did turn blue... Now it's 8 months since doing the engraving. The case is a bit rough on the edges, but I've dropped my phone numerous times and it's protected it well.
2014-07-24 23.19.33.jpg

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
My blue case started to become dark blue along the edges pretty quickly. So, since I own a laser engraving business, I decided I might as well engrave something on it. I was hoping the engraving would be the same dark blue... but it wasn't, it was grayish brown. It was cool but wasn't a big fan.
View attachment 61355

However, after a few months it did turn blue... Now it's 8 months since doing the engraving. The case is a bit rough on the edges, but I've dropped my phone numerous times and it's protected it well.
View attachment 61356

That looks awesome! Very cool.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I do like the brown leather case even after it has gotten worn. It looks really good with the gold iPhone. Sometimes I wish I had gone for that look. But, I am happy with my space grey iPhone. I haven't gotten my black leather Apple case yet, but I'm thinking that I'm going to soon.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought my blue case was holding up pretty well, showing just mild sign of wear. Then I decided to get a new one for the new phone and the difference is remarkable. Some I presume is due to changes in the dye lot, the new one is a lot "bluer" and closer to the color of the iPad case, than the old one was even when brand new.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406908559.274606.jpg

andyb488

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Given the state of the leather cases would you buy another? I want to freshen up my case but I can't find anything I like compared to the feel of my tatty blue case and so I can't justify buying a new one knowing it will do the same

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Given the state of the leather cases would you buy another? I want to freshen up my case but I can't find anything I like compared to the feel of my tatty blue case and so I can't justify buying a new one knowing it will do the same

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I sent my new one back with similar thoughts. Didn't feel like spending $42 for just a brighter blue which is going to look about the same as my old one in a few months.

I will just keep using the old one, it's got character. Lol

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an Apple leather case for my phone and my iPad. I bought the black for the phone and the brown leather for the iPad. The brown leather looks really sweet. And both feel really good when using them.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
just curious i just got one for my phone in black, im worried about how the metal bezel has tiny bit showing when u put case on i dont know how to explain it will that get scratched or anything ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro