Normal screen protectors Vs. Glass protectors

Oliver Telfor

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
After reading quite a few posts and threads on this forum I've seen a lot of users talk about the benefits of glass screen protectors. Do people still use the original plastic screen protectors? Or have they died out?

Elite1

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Glass is still the least common, most likely because it's typically the most expensive.

I'm still using none at all or the self-adhesive plastic type. I dislike the ones requiring a liquid.

The glass one by Clarivue.com has caught my attention though...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use Zagg Glass. You can't even tell it's on there. Feels just like glass. Very smudge free and it doesn't scratch. I'll never go back to a plastic film again.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I use Zagg Glass. You can't even tell it's on there. Feels just like glass. Very smudge free and it doesn't scratch. I'll never go back to a plastic film again.

+1 :)

Love and only use the glass ones as well. I use Bodyguardz Pure.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1401301557.795492.jpg

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
ive used the spigen tempered glass since they came out and ive tried other brands as well and ill never go back from a glass screen protector

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I still use the plastic one but I'm keeping an eye out for the glass screen protectors when this one messes up

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1401456562.797177.jpg
Once you go GLASS you will realize how much better it is over the plastic ones. The Glass Protectors just offer a more realistic approach to the actual device screen feel

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s using iMore Forums app

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered an Invisible Shield Glass (upgraded from the HD). Can't wait to get it on my phone. I have a (really) cheap plastic SPIGEN screen protector I got from Amazon. It's done an ok job but is impossible to get clean (you get what you pay for).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Oliver Telfor

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've heard glass protectors are quite rigid though and I have a couple of friends who say they can shatter quite easily.

Has anyone has experience in this?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've heard glass protectors are quite rigid though and I have a couple of friends who say they can shatter quite easily.

Has anyone has experience in this?

It's been my expericence or should I say my Wife's experience, that when she dropped her 5s the only damage was a small crack in the top left portion of the Zagg GLASS screen protector which is barely noticable....if it wasn't for the Zagg GLASS I'm almost sure I would be replacing a 5s screen.

Oliver Telfor

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It's been my expericence or should I say my Wife's experience, that when she dropped her 5s the only damage was a small crack in the top left portion of the Zagg GLASS screen protector which is barely noticable....if it wasn't for the Zagg GLASS I'm almost sure I would be replacing a 5s screen.

Did you replace the Zagg or try to take it off?

Arktos

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I feel two ways about this; one, BodyGuardz are an excellent tempered glass solution and the real benefit there is that if your device is compromised in such a way that the screen would break, the screen protector breaks instead of your display. Two, I absolutely love iVisors. The fingerprint resistance, the ease of application, the bezel protection, the "washability" and the cost are all factors that add up to me usually going that direction (for the iVisor).

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I use the Bodyguardz glass protector. It's been awesome so far! Plus it allowed me to sign up for the Advantage replacement program so if I break one all I have to do is pay like 12 bucks to get another one.

Arktos

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I use the Bodyguardz glass protector. It's been awesome so far! Plus it allowed me to sign up for the Advantage replacement program so if I break one all I have to do is pay like 12 bucks to get another one.

I wasn't aware of this program, thanks for sharing!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I get cheap ones off eBay. I'm pretty happy with the colored tempered glass I got recently.

Easy to install, doesn't bubble, looks awesome.
nyqu7a3y.jpg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...231&mpre=http://www.ebay.com/itm/121351060640

Sent from another beautiful blue using Tapatalk Pro.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox