What Do You Think Of The Aftermarket CarPlay Units Coming Out?

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It completely depends on the price. If the price is reasonable and it works as said then why not. Ill definitely go for it.

PhatRS

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I really like CarPlay but if you're like me and can't afford a new car any time soon, then you should give Harken For iPhone a try. The developer has cleverly designed it to work well in the car with larger text and gesture based interactions.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I looked at it and came really close after a couple apps I use were added (Spotify and Overcast) until I read consistent reviews of poor touchscreen performance. I thought I'd wait a couple more generations. Then we get news that wireless connection is coming and I would vastly prefer that than to plugging in my phone every time. I'm not sure if that would require new hardware or can be done through Bluetooth in current units, but until it happens and we know for sure, I'm standing by.

In the meantime, I may be upgrading my 2012 Chevy Sonic to 2015, which supports "Hands Free Siri" which I'm pretty sure is not CarPlay proper. Seems the first Chevy to have CarPlay built in will be the 2016 Volt