ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD Glass

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
There has been a lot of talk about the invisibleSHIELD Glass tempered glass screen protectors on this forum. A few people asked me what the Glass looks like on other devices. I've uploaded this video on YouTube to show you the differences in cuts for all devices that the glass is currently available for. Someone also asked me how strong it was. In a few days I'll post a video of a hammer and drop test of a iPhone 5S with the iSGlass on it.

Cheers

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Nice. Thanks. I'll watch it when I get home later on but I wonder if you could answer some questions for me please?

I'm asking primarily for the iPhone here.

How thick is it?
Does it impinge on the ability to put a case on the device?

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Most cases fit. The only ones I've had trouble with so far are the Tech 21 bumpers (the Tech 21 cases seem to work). It is .39mm thick which is one of the thicker glass screen protectors on the market but it also makes it stronger. It's not noticeably thick though because it has tapered/rounded edges.

donemt

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Most cases fit. The only ones I've had trouble with so far are the Tech 21 bumpers (the Tech 21 cases seem to work). It is .39mm thick which is one of the thicker glass screen protectors on the market but it also makes it stronger. It's not noticeably thick though because it has tapered/rounded edges.

Quick question: really want one of these on my 5s but I have a Mophie Juice case and will it fit?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup a co worker of mine dropped his phone cracked the screen protector. He sent it in and they mailed him out a new one. No damage to his iPhone at all.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is this screen protection worth the money? Anyone had damage prevented by using these?

Yup, here as well. My Wife dropped her 5s and the only damage was a small crack in the upper left hand corner which is barely visible. It's almost as though the Zagg GLASS had self healing properties. I'm almost sure that without the Zagg GLASS being installed the screen would have been damaged instead of the Zagg GLASS

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
The Zagg Glass is one hell of a great screen protector. If were not using my Nuud case I would be right back to putting my Glass on. One thing I really like about the Glass is that it also has better anti fingerprint coating than the iPhone.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The Zagg Glass is one hell of a great screen protector. If were not using my Nuud case I would be right back to putting my Glass on. One thing I really like about the Glass is that it also has better anti fingerprint coating than the iPhone.

I agree it's good at repelling finger prints but I wouldn't go that far about being better than the screen itself. My iPad screen that has no screen protector also wipes clean much easier than the Zagg glass on my iPhone.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Is this screen protection worth the money? Anyone had damage prevented by using these?

It's definitely worth it! Dropped my phone in a raggedy parking lot. One corner of the Zagg Glass has a small crack & the other corners are a little beat up. Besides a small nick on the edge of my phone (hardest impact area), the screen is flawless & Zagg is sending me a free replacement. I should have it by the weekend

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely worth it! Dropped my phone in a raggedy parking lot. One corner of the Zagg Glass has a small crack & the other corners are a little beat up. Besides a small nick on the edge of my phone (hardest impact area), the screen is flawless & Zagg is sending me a free replacement. I should have it by the weekend

Sounds like great customer service to me.. I might have to check it out myself, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Zagg Glass for my iPad mini with Retina, and I have to say, it's pretty awesome.

The oleophobic coating is incredible, I haven't had to use an anti-static wipe since I installed it, smears come off using a dry micro-fibre or glass cloth. Word of warning though - your device WILL become slightly more slippery as a result.

Installation was a breeze, although I somehow managed to install mine slightly crookedly.

The price was a little steep ($50.00) but completely justifiable for the iPad size that it is, and I'm in Australia so we tend to pay more for everything when it comes to consumer electronics.

If you want a gorgeous silky glass feel, I would highly recommend this! :)

iPad mini with Retina Display
32GB, White, Wi-Fi+4G
iOS 7.1.1

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Zagg Glass for my iPad mini with Retina, and I have to say, it's pretty awesome.

The oleophobic coating is incredible, I haven't had to use an anti-static wipe since I installed it, smears come off using a dry micro-fibre or glass cloth. Word of warning though - your device WILL become slightly more slippery as a result.

Installation was a breeze, although I somehow managed to install mine slightly crookedly.

The price was a little steep ($50.00) but completely justifiable for the iPad size that it is, and I'm in Australia so we tend to pay more for everything when it comes to consumer electronics.

If you want a gorgeous silky glass feel, I would highly recommend this! :)

iPad mini with Retina Display
32GB, White, Wi-Fi+4G
iOS 7.1.1

I've been thinking about one for mr rMini since I love the one for me 5S. Thanks for the info

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods