RAVPower Battery charger behavior with Iphone

kar120c

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought this external battery charger for emergency charging of my Iphone 4s and Galaxy S3.
It works well, but I noticed one difference between the stock charger.
When I plug the stock charger, near the battery icon is always present the charging indicator also is the phone stay in charge all night. Using RAVPower, instead, 15m after reching the 100% of charge the charging indicator disappear.
What it means? from what I know the real charger is inside the Iphone and the AC adapter is only a power supply for it, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought this external battery charger for emergency charging of my Iphone 4s and Galaxy S3.
It works well, but I noticed one difference between the stock charger.
When I plug the stock charger, near the battery icon is always present the charging indicator also is the phone stay in charge all night. Using RAVPower, instead, 15m after reching the 100% of charge the charging indicator disappear.
What it means? from what I know the real charger is inside the Iphone and the AC adapter is only a power supply for it, right?
I'm not sure. I was always under the impression that the AC adapter is the battery charger.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I doubt the charger is build in to the phone it would take up to much room

I agree with the above poster it's build in to the block

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure either but as long as your phone is getting charged it shouldn't matter. The portable chargers are made for a quick charge when an outlet isn't available. Most people take it off that charger once it does it job and charges the device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77