Picked up Red leather case for my Black iPhone 5

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks,

After reading lot of reviews and watching videos on Youtube of leather case, I finally decided to buy a Red color leather case. I knew before buying that it's color will change over a period of time and it is a dirt magnet. It has just been two days I have used this case and I am TOTALLY in love with this beauty. Somehow, I have started loving my 1 year old iPhone 5 more with this case on. Very slim, chick and vibrant color this case has which adds "wow" factor to the overall design. And people who complain about tactile feedback of the lock button or issue with volume rocker, please use it for few days and it will be fine. Somehow, for me it has been good from Day 1.

This is the case I always wanted but never got. Tried CaseMate, Belkin etc which were good but nothing comes close to this case. I know the fact that this case won't protect you from a heavy fall but for minor bumps, it certainly will. I am one person who keeps my iPhone close to my heart. I clean it every now and same goes for my case too

I have been very careful with this case and it's going absolutely fine till now. I know I am being judgmental early.. but this is my take so far on this. Even if it gets dirty, I will clean it with wet tissue paper soaked in hot water and will use mild soap

If anyone of you is confused to buy it or not, go ahead and pick one and you will not regret it. Red case is a stunner with Black/Space Gray iPhone. Let me know how your case has held up so far

Enjoy! :):beer:

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the red leather case myself. Had to return it due to the common problem it has about getting really dirty. Great case might pick up a black one.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the black one. Only case I can use. Before that my phone was naked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I loved the case when I had it, too bad within a week I had to return it. It was filthy. Might go for the black one next time. Heard that one doesn't dirty as much or as fast. Great color though.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my red case for 3 months and it still looks great! Slight aging of the leather, but no "dirty" look at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I think colour choice depends on the individual as far as getting dirty is concerned. The red may be good for a lawyer or office person, but might not be good for a construction worker who has dirty hands all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree, i am a office person and I am careful with the case so far. One of my cousin at a party yesterday commented that my iPhone 5 has become a 5c now after red case! :|

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
About to basically swap my 32GB white 5 for a 32GB black 5. Was using the tan leather on the white and going to slam it on the black. I just don't know how I feel about using anything other than the brown or black leather.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Tried the black leather case and it was too plain for my personal style. The brown leather on a black iPhone....perfect! Like most however, the case gets VERY dirty and it seems only the black one will not show as much dirt. However, Apple switched out my first brown leather case for a new one, so I'm going to try a leather conditioner to see if that will help maintain it's look. Will report back.

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
If you are OK in losing out on the color of the case, use conditioner. Apple does not suggest to use any conditioner or cleaning solution except wet tissues soaked in luke warm water with mild soap

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
*UPDATE*

It's been two weeks I am using this case and it's going good.. Yes, the case has turned Black on the edges but I like the worn out look. I would recommend this case to everyone specially to those who have Black iPhone 5 or space grey 5s

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear it's working out for you.. Some people don't understand the class of leather they have and how leather truly handles everyday life...... We are all so used to plastic and rubber to be impressed by it's true beauty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2