Recommended screen protector for the 5S

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well if you're looking at getting a Fre the popular screen protector to pair with that seems to be the Belkin Antiglare Iris. It helps to eliminate the newton rings that appear with the fre's screen protector. I'm also in the same boat. Might try to order a Belkin from Amazon (I have a Fre case but don't use it all the time and want to start using a screen protector again).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
OP, as you can tell there are a lot of screen protectors to choose from. I think the GLASS versions currently on the market are the best ones. I chose Zagg GLASS...it works for me.

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Not gonna lie but I use one I bought from the dollar store and it works much better than the ones I've bought before, if I can find the packaging I'll edit this post later.

Tapin and talkin from my iPhone

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
OP, as you can tell there are a lot of screen protectors to choose from. I think the GLASS versions currently on the market are the best ones. I chose Zagg GLASS...it works for me.

Yup. The ZAGG Tempered Glass is just amazing. Looks and feels like the glass on a smartphone. You just always forget that it's even there and it definitely seems more scratch resistant than the actual iPhone display. Now I don't have to worry about my phone getting all scratched out in and out of my pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yup. The ZAGG Tempered Glass is just amazing. Looks and feels like the glass on a smartphone. You just always forget that it's even there and it definitely seems more scratch resistant than the actual iPhone display. Now I don't have to worry about my phone getting all scratched out in and out of my pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with this. Installation was very easy and it looks/works great.

Last edited:

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
With the glass protectors, do you still get the air bubbles and dust particles underneath? How about the corners not sticking? Those are all problems I've encountered in the past with regular screen protectors.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
With the glass protectors, do you still get the air bubbles and dust particles underneath? How about the corners not sticking? Those are all problems I've encountered in the past with regular screen protectors.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I have not had any of those problems with the ZAGG Glass. I took my time cleaning the screen before applying, but the process for application is simple and straight forward.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I use the zNitro tempered glass on one of my 5s', Air, and rMini. I use a BodyGuardz tempered glass on my other 5s.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend the glass protectors from Otterbox, the self healing ones. I have seen them take a scratch or two and they never get bad...

But just prepare to pay a hefty amount for those.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'd recommend the glass protectors from Otterbox, the self healing ones. I have seen them take a scratch or two and they never get bad...

But just prepare to pay a hefty amount for those.

I didn't even know Otterbox was now offering tempered glass. Looks like everyone is jumping on the tempered glass bandwagon that I think as Spigen may have started.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even know Otterbox was now offering tempered glass. Looks like everyone is jumping on the tempered glass bandwagon that I think as Spigen may have started.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

I knew about it because I was almost going to be employed into this iPhone accessory company and they introduced me to those in the first day at the interview. Was amazed myself ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen