Apple leather 5s cases, yea or nay?

BigSaintDogs

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Huge yeah! Love the case and the way it feels in my hand? Just enough lip to keep screen off horizontal surfaces but you hardly notice it!

If it's not a Saint it's just a Dog!
iPhone 5S 64G, iPad Air 128G LTE, MacBook Pro 17 2010, Apple TV, iPod Classic 160 G, Time Capsule 2T

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Those who own a white iPhone 5/5s, what color did you go for? I'm thinking of getting the Apple leather case and I'm thinking blue. But I'm not yet sure.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Those who own a white iPhone 5/5s, what color did you go for? I'm thinking of getting the Apple leather case and I'm thinking blue. But I'm not yet sure.

I have the silver 5s and got the (PRODUCT) red case.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I have the gold 5s. I bought the blue leather case when I had my white and silver 5 and the product red when I got the gold, both look good on the gold though.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the blue leather case with my white iPhone 5. I think it looks very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the yellow one and I love it. Yes it gets dirty but I like the distressed look. If you want your case to look as new as your phone, don't buy this case.

I've got food stains on my case in the past- a damp paper towel will clean it right up with no discoloration to the case.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the black one for the last few days. I really like it. Feels great in the hand. Not so sure how well it would protect in a drop but it probably does as well as any thin case. The thing I like the most is that it provides grip to an other wise slippery phone. The fact that it looks really nice and really has a premium feel are bonus for me.

Sent using Tapatalk

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have both the black apple leather and the spigen neo hybrid. I highly recommend the neo hybrid! Looks better and adds better protection without the bulk.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the brown Apple leather case on my white 5 and love it! I trying to work out a deal to get a black 5 and I know it'll look just as good on that one too!

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the black one with my space gray iPhone 5s and it already broke in only 2 months of use and it already shows signs of peeling... Here are some pics...

40k0.jpg

luqf.jpg

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Started with a brown one on my gold phone. Then bought a yellow one.

Now using a blue one.

It's fun swapping them out. Feels like a new phone for awhile...

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
The apple cases are horrible for the 5s in terms of quality. It gets dirty as sin after 5 days! Does not age well, otherwise it's pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The apple cases are horrible for the 5s in terms of quality. It gets dirty as sin after 5 days! Does not age well, otherwise it's pretty decent.

I've had mine for quite a while now and it doesn't do anything to the phone in terms of quality. I think all cases get dirty and trap dust on the inside no case is going to stop that except for the lifeproof or the otter box amour case.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for quite a while now and it doesn't do anything to the phone in terms of quality. I think all cases get dirty and trap dust on the inside no case is going to stop that except for the lifeproof or the otter box amour case.

The leather ages horribly and is cheap. Of course no case stops dirt, but quality leather ages. These cases do not and at 50 bucks a pop, I bet they cost no more than 1 dollar to make and are made of some the cheapest leather available. Even the staining on them comes off with ease.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner