10 Feet Lightning cable

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I took a chance on these Ten feet 8 pin aftermarket charging cables got two in the color blue for 14 dollars ended up being well made charges perfectly which I was surprised even with heavy use I see no difference from my OEM cable

MobStub

Comes in many colors and for different makes and models
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1389645746.905108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I went for the microUSB to lightning adapter and use any ol' long usb cable around... which I bought before things like this were available... :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I took a chance on these Ten feet 8 pin aftermarket charging cables got two in the color blue for 14 dollars ended up being well made charges perfectly which I was surprised even with heavy use I see no difference from my OEM cable

MobStub

View attachment 45854

I LIKE....Does it come in GOLD....SMILE

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

MobStub

View attachment 45854

That's intense. I could use that jawn though.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I went for the microUSB to lightning adapter and use any ol' long usb cable around... which I bought before things like this were available... :)

Exactly how I do it. Monoprice is a great source for longer USB cables... quality products and extremely agreeable prices.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
stupid question but does it work with the iPad as well? My sister in law bought one from an aftermarket place and told me it charges her iPhone but not the iPad- I asked if she was using the charging brick that comes with the iPad and she said she was...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
stupid question but does it work with the iPad as well? My sister in law bought one from an aftermarket place and told me it charges her iPhone but not the iPad- I asked if she was using the charging brick that comes with the iPad and she said she was...

Well it's just the cable I'm using the stock brick so I'm assuming it should work on a tablet the longer the cable the slower the charge I haven't tried it on an iPad

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well it's just the cable I'm using the stock brick so I'm assuming it should work on a tablet the longer the cable the slower the charge I haven't tried it on an iPad

thats what I would have thought too but she said she tried it with the iPad brick

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a nine foot cable from Radio Shack (Auvio brand I think) and it works pretty well too. It's very well built, but a bit pricey.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I bought a pack of after market lightning cables for my iP5. They worked just fine until iOS7. At that point I started getting an on-screen warning that they might not work...but I simply swipe the warning away. The same after market cables will not work with an iP5S, iPad mini (retina), or iPad Air. I figured Apple worked it so that only their cables would work with the new iDevices. I'd be curious if yours work with the iPad...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I've heard many aftermarket cables disable Touch ID on the i5s but I haven't experienced this either so far other than a slower charge interval it functions perfect

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought a pack of after market lightning cables for my iP5. They worked just fine until iOS7. At that point I started getting an on-screen warning that they might not work...but I simply swipe the warning away. The same after market cables will not work with an iP5S, iPad mini (retina), or iPad Air. I figured Apple worked it so that only their cables would work with the new iDevices. I'd be curious if yours work with the iPad...

It's my sister in law so I'm not sure. My aftermarket cables work with both.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2