IEM shopping. What earbuds/headphones do you use?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The ear pads are soft like a cushion, and are replaceable when worn out.
I personally don't have a problem with my ears sweating.
Bose gives you a 30 day return policy, with the exception of a 25% restocking fee.
The shipping is free, but I have yet to be disappointed with a Bose product, to warrant a return. Good luck with your choice. 😊

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using BOSE earbuds and BOSE QC 15 for years now and I really like them. It really depends on the individual and what type of music you listen to most. Just like no two fingerprints are alike, well the same goes for ears drums also......SMILE :D

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The ear pads are soft like a cushion, and are replaceable when worn out.
I personally don't have a problem with my ears sweating.
Bose gives you a 30 day return policy, with the exception of a 25% restocking fee.
The shipping is free, but I have yet to be disappointed with a Bose product, to warrant a return. Good luck with your choice. 😊

Oh I have several pairs of Bose and love them. Obviously you just got them but if you don't mind let us know how long the batteries last in theses bad boys.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh I have several pairs of Bose and love them. Obviously you just got them but if you don't mind let us know how long the batteries last in theses bad boys.

I don't remember how long I have had them. But it's been close to a year, as for the battery life.
I never paid attention to how long they last, sorry.
I don't use these everyday, but I do know the specs say for 25 hours.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember how long I have had them. But it's been close to a year, as for the battery life.
I never paid attention to how long they last, sorry.
I don't use these everyday, but I do know the specs say for 25 hours.

Oh sorry I thought you just bought them. Are the batteries rechargeable?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh sorry I thought you just bought them. Are the batteries rechargeable?

It is a li-ion battery. You can recharge them.
It's neat how it charges, the battery pops into a charger that plugs into your wall outlet.
There are no cords or wires to deal with, but rest assured.
You will not be disappointed in the battery life.
From what I can recall, I have watched several hours of movies on my laptop.
And the battery never failed me. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389929330.866242.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389929350.649997.jpg

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It is a li-ion battery. You can recharge them.
It's neat how it charges, the battery pops into a charger that plugs into your wall outlet.
There are no cords or wires to deal with, but trust me.
You will not be disappointed in the battery life.
From what I can recall, I have watched several hours of movies on my laptop.
And the battery never failed me. View attachment 46130View attachment 46131

Nice. I definitely think these are going to be my next headphones.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Nice. I definitely think these are going to be my next headphones.

Good luck, I know I paid over $300 for them.
But Bose is like Apple. Pricey, yet the quality makes up for the cost.
I would buy these headphones again, without a second thought. 😊

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've been trying to put in to words my impression of the RE-400s. But I don't think I could do these things justice. I will just say, they are insanely good. They are not "consumer" quality headphones. Meaning, the sound is not colored or tailored to fit specific genres of music. The bass isn't artificially boosted for hip hop and dance music. The mids aren't pumped up to give the impression of clarity. The treble isn't screeching in your ears. They just plain sound, right. Balanced and accurate and clear.

HiFiMan RE-400 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference

image.jpg

image.jpg

These are audiophile-grade, with consumer-grade pricing. The clarity and separation blows everything I've listened to thus far, clear out of the water... With maybe the exception of the Bowers & Wilkins P7. The bass is very tight, if a bit light in the sub-bass. If you want deep pounding bass that drowns out the mids, these are not the IEMs for you.

If you want to hear minute details and clarity, and accurate sound reproduction in live performance recordings, classical, and opera... and still want extremely balanced sound to enjoy more traditional music like hip hop, r&b, rock, and country... You could do a lot worse than these headphones. A lot worse. Even for more money. In some cases, a lot more money.

If you are the type to spend a decent amount of money on headphones, do yourself a favor, spend a little less and try these. They don't have the mass name brand recognition or stylish good looks... But their sound quality can trounce their more famous, better looking, and overpriced competition.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
As impressed as I've been with the HiFiMan RE400 IEMs, I'm equally impressed with my Sennheiser CX300-II now that I've replaced the standard rubber ear tips with Comply T400 foam tips. The bass is a little stronger than before, and somewhat tighter in the sub bass. The details in the mids and treble still can't hold a candle to the RE400s for critical listening or acoustic live performances... But the warmth and bass make them a great fit for just plain enjoying music, especially hip hop, r&b, pop, and dance/electronic. Anything with a pumping bass line really.

For $30, plus the price of Comply foam tips, the CX300-II IEMs are an outstanding value, and in terms of sound quality, easily keep up with, or outright destroy, much more expensive ear buds like the Beats by Dre urBeats... and are leaps and bounds above similarly price buds like my SkullCandy Ink'd and 50/50 in-ears. The only drawback would be the build. They feel pretty fragile. Especially the cord, which is thin.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2