Car Chargers for iPhone5C/5S

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading some threads about these that are more recent, and several threads have comments posted indicating that with recent iOS7 updates their charging will no longer work with their car chargers. There are no answers as to what specific charger was being used.

My MIL just got her very first iPhone, the 5C, and because we don't live nearby her, I want to purchase her a car charger (she wants one) that can be taken to Apple if there's an issue, or that I can return on her behalf more easily, so I'd prefer it be from Apple, in part because then you'd in theory assume they are most likely to be an approved device. My other thought was to purchase this charger below, as well as a smaller cable (1m) from Apple directly, and then swap out the cable it came with so that she can use the Apple branded cable for the actual charging port.

Thoughts? I don't shop via Amazon, so that's not an option.

Belkin Car Charger with Lightning to USB Cable (2.1-Amp) - Apple Store (U.S.)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The one you posted looks great. I like Belkin stuff also. I use a Belkin lighting on my 5s with no issues.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll go with it, then. I think if I mark it as a gift she can take it back as needed. I might get a spare cable just in case.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am usually Apple branded only bought only from Apple.com and Apple stores when it comes to cables and whatnot. This is going to be my first venture outside of that.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am usually Apple branded only bought only from Apple.com and Apple stores when it comes to cables and whatnot. This is going to be my first venture outside of that.
Apple Certified - recognizable brand name like Belkin, Griffin - you'll be fine. I personally avoid anything that's unlabeled, unbranded...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Belkin,ifrogz all work great. Chargers and lighting cables. I use a ifrogz lighting in my car with a Sprint branded car charger that I used for my 4s and when I had Android

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple Certified - recognizable brand name like Belkin, Griffin - you'll be fine. I personally avoid anything that's unlabeled, unbranded...
Oh I never do unbranded anything for my gadgets. Ever.

I ended up adding on a dock for her gift from the Everdock Kickstarter I did, because rewards are shipping out soon. Since she has an iPad and an iPhone this will work for both and uses Apple cables and works with cases. She's not going to have the slightest idea how to use it, so hopefully my brother in law can set it up nicely for her.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR