Are you using a case for your iPad Air? If so, which?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I am kind of a keyboard case junkie and have just picked up a Belkin QODE ultimate case from best buy and i have to say, i like it! Love the way it folds and it types great

Heres a secret, Best buys website has the white one listed for 39.99, knowing well that the case normally costs 129.99. I took that into the store and they had to honor the price their website has it listed at, plus i had ten dollars in certificates so total price was 32.01!! Yes, i know, i ripped them off and it was probably morally wrong, but you know what, their mistake.

Get it while you can folks! this case is great!!!!

It's gone that stinks, your lucky!

What case is this, very nice.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I initially bought the Apple shell case that was $80. Couldn't stomach the price so I found a clone on Amazon, well close enough, a Fintie case for $8.99+s&h. I just don't like the fold, the crease where the lid flips. It doesn't protect the iPad like the Apple one does. So I might return it.

dubyby9u.jpg
bepabyqu.jpg

7asejy2a.jpg

adaremap.jpg
uvenejeh.jpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am kind of a keyboard case junkie and have just picked up a Belkin QODE ultimate case from best buy and i have to say, i like it! Love the way it folds and it types great

Heres a secret, Best buys website has the white one listed for 39.99, knowing well that the case normally costs 129.99. I took that into the store and they had to honor the price their website has it listed at, plus i had ten dollars in certificates so total price was 32.01!! Yes, i know, i ripped them off and it was probably morally wrong, but you know what, their mistake.

Get it while you can folks! this case is great!!!!

Hey thanks for the tip. I was able to get my brother to order and pick one up for me since they had none available for pick up near me. They are back up to $129.99

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Fintie SmartShell Case (grey/red) and also an Apple Shell Case (red). The Finitie case was great because of the price but I didn't like it because not a;l of the sides are protected. I attached a screenshot, you can see the Apple case, the arrow pointing to the the side protection. The Finite case doesn't have it that. Does anyone know of any cases similar to the Apple one that has that protection but that is also not as expensive? I'm looking for something like the Apple Shell case but with some more protection.

arrow.jpg

I just ordered the Speck StyleFolio Case and a Devicewear Slim iPad Air Case. I'm going to see how these hold up. I'm having a really hard time find the case I want. There are no stores around me that have cases in, Target, Best Buy, etc. have minimal cases, maybe 3 or 4. Amazon and online retailers have everything so its hard to pick one without holding it.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector with an iPad.. Always with my phones, but never with my pads, and I have owned 5 iPads now through the years.

I think the main reason is because I keep them in cases until use so the screen stays protected. I also just do not like the feel of a screen protector on the larger screens

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Air for a few months now and I'm FINALLY happy with the case combo I use - the Apple Smart Cover in pink and the Native Union Gripster, no screen protector tho.

I've previously used the BookBook but the leather stretched out just from propping it open, and I've also used the Speck StyleFolio case but the 3 notches they provide never seemed to stay properly. The iPad would always slip out and fall down, which was annoying.

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a ZaggKeys Keyboard Cover. I had the folio but it had a defective battery and I didn't really like the housing, so I tried out the cover. It's pretty terrific. I love how there are built in options for the backlight of choice. Why can't all laptops have that!

My one complaint is that it does not have true 360 degree movement so reading mode is virtually pointless. It might not protect the iPad as much as a full case but I feel like I could slide it in a sleeve and have it protected very well.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Can you close that case to lie flatter when not using the keyboard, like the Logitech?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
At first I was using a brown snugg case for my Air. The case itself is ok and has good functionality but it adds too much weight. Then I bought a pink Smart Cover which I'm currently using with a slip case to protect the back when it's in my bag. I like it but I worry about the back as I haven't been able to find a good quality back case. I've ordered some off amazon and eBay but they are really poor quality. I'm just going to buy a beige Smart Case. It's expensive but it's the only one that fits my needs. I eventually bought one for my iPad mini and was happy with it. I would like up get the yellow one but I know it will discolour over time. The beige one for my mini held up well.

Sent from my iPod touch using iMore Forums

sticko

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I just switched back to the full-sized iPad ? in the form of the iPad Air ? after over a year of exclusive iPad Mini use. The reason? I can?t get on with the Retina Mini. The Mini is great in many ways, and so you?d think that an A7 Retina-ized version would be even better. But almost since I bought it, the new hi-res Mini has been driving me crazy.