Lightning Cable with Aux/USB ends

_Dante_

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,

I am hoping that I can find some help or guidance as to where I can locate a lightning cable with USB & Aux cable ends. I have a vehicle that doesn't have a USB interface, just an aux input for the stereo. I am currently using a 30 pin dock cable with USB/Aux ends and an Apple 30 pin to Lightning adapter. Having gone through a couple of cables lately (the 30 pins one) that just don't seem to be able to hold up to the regular plug/unplug, I was hoping to be able to find a Lightning cable with those ends. I have not been able to thus far, so I am reaching out to see if anyone has a place that I can find one.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You're not going to find one for doing audio directly from a lightning cable - as it's only digital... you'd have to go through a digital to analog conversion. Your only choice for analog audio out of an iPhone with a lightning port is the headphone jack.

superevr

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Using the headphone jack is not the only option. There are plenty of 30-pin-style (iPhone 4s and older) car docks that do Aux out. If you buy an Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter from apple, you should be able to get aux out and power at the same time through a single plug to your phone.

I currently use a Griffen iTrip DualConnect with the lightning adapter in my car. Unfortunately, I think that Griffen decided to stop selling this iTrip model, and now only uses FM for car audio, which sounds terrible and I can never get a clear signal. You should be able to find something that fits your needs, though it's a shame that no vendors are making lightning to aux adapters for themselves.

J Wadle

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
The best solution for connecting any Apple device with a Lightning connector device to an "Aux In" port is the Lightning Sounds Kit. It's available on Amazon and eBay. It does a true digital-to-analog audio conversion and provides much better sound that using the headphone port.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The best solution for connecting any Apple device with a Lightning connector device to an "Aux In" port is the Lightning Sounds Kit. It's available on Amazon and eBay. It does a true digital-to-analog audio conversion and provides much better sound that using the headphone port.

That looks pretty cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2