Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 3 Post By Peter Cotton
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

56 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Review: Anker Screen Protector

Anker sent me this product to review free of charge. I can confirm that I am not biased either way, and this review is a true representation of my experiences and are my opinions only.

Screen protectors. You either love them or you hate them. Personally, I've had a fairly bad experience with screen protectors in the past. I hate the little air bubbles, and usually end up removing them after a couple of days. Unfortunately, this has led to my phones in the past being scratched.

The anker screen protector arrived well packaged in a small envelope. Inside contained 3 screen protectors, a bubble removal tool, an anti static cloth, a dust removal sticker and interactions on how to install the product. The instructions were clear and simple.

I proceeded to remove the screen protector I was using. I cleaned the screen of my phone, and removed the protective film from the protector. Carefully lining up the protecter with all the holes cut out for the speaker etc, I applied the screen protecter to the phone. I used the bubble removal tool to removed the few small air bubbles then took off the final protective layer from the top. It fits perfectly and with no imperfections or air bubble remaining. Excellent!

The surface feels a little sticky at first, this is usually with most screen protectors. If you move the phone screen in the light, you can see a slight rainbow effect when the screen is off. This looks like the anti reflective coating on the screen protector. When using the phone, I notice it is still just as bright and crisp as before. There is no noticeable drop in sensitivity from the touchscreen.

Over the next couple of days, the protecter becomes smooth. The anti fingerprint surface does a good job of reducing fingerprint marks on the screen. In the dark, the protector seems to reduce that dazzling blue light that can sometime hurt your eyes.

Fast forward nearly one week and there are no marks on the screen. The screen is still nice and smooth, it wipes clean easily and I have no urges to remove it. In fact, I don't notice it is there! This final point is the most important factor to me. Any screen protector that does its job without being obtrusive is one that I recommend.

Default Re: Review: Anker Screen Protector

I'm going to check this out. Thanks for the review!!!
    iMore Elite

2,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,702 Global Posts

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts