Best Cases for the iPad Mini?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Was wondering what everyone prefers in terms of cases and covers for the iPad Mini? Are the Polyurethane Smart Covers good enough, or is there something else out there you prefer!?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use a clear amazon basics back cover in conjunction with the Apple smart cover. Works well for me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using the Speck CandyShell case on my iPad Mini. It offers great protection while maintaining the slim form factor that the Mini is known for.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have used the Smart Cover and it has been enough for my Mini. I mostly use it around the home, but when I take it out and about it is in a purse or briefcase.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using the Speck CandyShell case on my iPad Mini. It offers great protection while maintaining the slim form factor that the Mini is known for.

I just purchase a Mini Retina and was wonder if this cover would fit in the Mini Retina which is .01 inches thicker then the Mini? Is there any give in the case? What model do you have the 1961 or 1953 case?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just purchase a Mini Retina and was wonder if this cover would fit in the Mini Retina which is .01 inches thicker then the Mini? Is there any give in the case? What model do you have the 1961 or 1953 case?

Sorry Harry, but I no longer have my Mini to test it out. I sold my Mini when I upgraded to the iPad Air. I can say though, that there is only a tiny bit of give to this case as it is pretty well form fitted to the original Mini. Therefore I'm not sure if it would fit it or not. I would check Specks website and read the reviews for this case. A lot of times you will find a reviewer who will say if it would fit a newer device like the Mini 2.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Harry Wild...Congratulations on your new iPad Mini Retina! I'm under the impression that the cutouts are slightly different.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Spigen Tough Armor for my Mini Retina currently, but I'm looking into getting a keyboard case soon.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Was able to pick up the Zagg Keys bluetooth keyboard case for the iPad Mini today. I have the one for the Air and liked it a lot. So I got the one for the mini and so far so good.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina w/Zagg bluetooth keyboard.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I use an Apple Smart case with a zNitro tempered glass screen shield.
eju7e4ev.jpg

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

gdohar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Devicewear makes some awesome mini ipad cases. I have tested many and have been very satisfied with this one.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Was able to pick up the Zagg Keys bluetooth keyboard case for the iPad Mini today. I have the one for the Air and liked it a lot. So I got the one for the mini and so far so good.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina w/Zagg bluetooth keyboard.

Did you get the Zagg Keys Folio, the Mini7, or the Cover? I ordered a Folio for my iPad mini that is getting ready to ship, and wanted to know what others thought about it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you get the Zagg Keys Folio, the Mini7, or the Cover? I ordered a Folio for my iPad mini that is getting ready to ship, and wanted to know what others thought about it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I had the Zagg Folio. It was ok. Actually it is the beat keyboard case that I had used for the iPad Mini. But the keys were a little cramped and it was nearly impossible for me to access the control center with the iPad in the case.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.