Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    iMore Intermediate

103 Posts

Default Re: Lifeproof for iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    I've had zero issues with my nuud. I love the feel of my Otterbox armor case but it muffles sound coming from ear piece and people say I'm muffled as well. None of these issues in the nuud.
    Second! Had it on my 5s since I got it last week and no problems at all! Solid and protective as I wanted it to be. I even tried it dropping it from chest height and dipping it in a bowl of water and it survived both experiments; Fair enough, I can trust it will work later on a real situation.
    iMore Intermediate

329 Posts
    Global Posts
    504 Global Posts

The LifeProof Fre for the 5 has "evolved" a lot since its initial introduction. Virtually all of the problems seen and experienced in the first batches of cases have been resolved. I have a red LifeProof Fre for my iPhone 5 and I love it. I love not having to worry about the phone accidentally getting wet during these all too frequent Kentucky rainstorms and also when I'm at a bar or something with friends. I've seen and heard many horror stories of beer and phones. :P

FWIW: I can use speakerphone just fine with my LifeProof installed (I've tried it several times to verify) and the sound output is only mildly muffled. The only issue still present is the oil slick look (newton rings) of the screen protector, where it comes in contact with the actual screen. The baby powder trick works well (a tiny amount of baby powder - not really enough to see, in between the LifeProof screen and the phone screen), and makes the newton rings only visible when the screen is turned off.
    kataran likes this.
    iMore Newbie

49 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

We have them both, the newer style Frē with the earphone jack attached for my wife's 5S, and a Nüüd for mine. Aside from the fact that her case is teal, and my case weighs just a tad more, they both function fantastically. I have yet to have a conversation with her and think her phone sounds muffled at all. No one else has complained of it either.

Muffled music is a given.

She has a full screen protector installed underneath her Frē case, and we have yet to have any issues with rainbows or rings (knock on wood).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12