Which leather case should I get for my iPhone 5s white silver

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I was reading some other reviews on this case and people said that it was surprisingly hard and slippery, that it felt like Styrofoam and they were concerned that they were going to drop it. Has anyone else experienced this?

*****Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I would call it slippery. I like that it isn't super grippy so you can pull it out of your pocket easily. It's just a nice comfortable, soft feel. And I like that it does have a lip over the edge to protect the screen if you lay it on its face. Many cases are flush with the screen so no protection. No, it isn't an otterbox, but I would hate having such a bulky case. I bought the Iphone partly because its so thin and fairly small. To put a huge rubber case over it defeats that purpose. Now if I worked construction or something like that where damage would be more likely maybe I would use something with more protection at work, but day to day would be annoying IMO.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I was reading some other reviews on this case and people said that it was surprisingly hard and slippery, that it felt like Styrofoam and they were concerned that they were going to drop it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Tweet @LondonComp ***

I've been using the case for a few days and it's not slippery. It's ridged and smooth. What I have noticed is the case gets dirty easily. It attracts dust and dirt. I have the red case on a white iPhone 5s.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the blue for my space gray 5s and love it. Like mentioned the feel is hard to describe but its very nice. Worried about keeping it clean so I will see how it goes for the next week or so and if it gets dingy I will just swap for the black.

The only fall back with this case is that it gets dirty quickly

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I decided to go down to the Apple Store and try out this case from their stock, I ended up purchasing it. I'm absolutely loving it feels very lightweight and the grip is very good. It does feel very luxurious and is comfortable in the hand. My only complaint is the size of the holes in the bottom, I can no longer use my Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter for my dock and my headphones don't plug-in properly in the headphone jack. I found some workarounds to resolve these problems and plan on keeping this case, I have about 10 cases for my iPhone 5 and this is by far my favorite of the bunch. I went with the black after reading all of the reports on this thread about how quickly it gets dirty.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I went with the black case. I want the red, but I'm concerned with how well it will age.

I will probably pick up a saddle brown one as well.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I went with the black case. I want the red, but I'm concerned with how well it will age.

I will probably pick up a saddle brown one as well.

We just returned a red case for the black case. The red case looks really bad and dirty after a short period of time, even if it only ever goes into a pocket. Hopefully the black works well ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
We just returned a red case for the black case. The red case looks really bad and dirty after a short period of time, even if it only ever goes into a pocket. Hopefully the black works well ...

I had the same problems. How long is your warranty for the Red case

Sent from my GT-N7105 using iMore Forums mobile app

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problems. How long is your warranty for the Red case

Sent from my GT-N7105 using iMore Forums mobile app

They let you return it to the apple store within two weeks, no questions asked. We didn't even have the box, they just scanned the receipt on the apple store app.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm really confused how so many are having issues with the red leather case and "staining"...I've now had my 5S for almost 2 weeks, and it's been in the red leather case the entire time...no special precautions taken with it, no overly careful handling...and it's still looking GREAT. It has some wear along the edges, and some matting to the material on the exterior, but to me, it's actually IMPROVING the look of the case. Even the buttons, which are easily the most wear prone areas of the case, are looking fine.

I keep reading about how easily it stains, but I just fully disagree...I'm a freakin' cop and this thing gets put in cup holders, pockets, hands, desks, car seats, tables, couches and whatever else you'd normally see through a day, and I have no "staining" at all.

I think what people are calling "stains" is actually the patina of the leather material developing.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Here are some pics of the red leather case on my black 5S. I will say, that after 24 hours, I am starting to see some collection of dirt on the leather. So keep that in mind when purchasing any of the lighter colors like beige and yellow. With that said, I LOVE the look and feel of this case. Particularly the feel you get. It is hard to describe. The fit is impeccable but you'll have that when Apple is making the case intended for its own device.

View attachment 38610View attachment 38611View attachment 38612View attachment 38613View attachment 38614View attachment 38615

Can you wash it?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Every time I see pics of the Apple case in Red I start tripping. Looks so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
That red does pop. I dislike the price for it though. It's a bit too high for what we are getting. Could spend same amount or less for more and better protection, have looks and screen protector.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That red does pop. I dislike the price for it though. It's a bit too high for what we are getting. Could spend same amount or less for more and better protection, have looks and screen protector.

That's your opinion...I personally feel that for the price, there isn't another case on the market that looks better, and this one offers perfectly adequate protection without being too overbearing on the form of the phone (you'll never see me using an otterbox or lifeproof daily, I have an otterbox on my work iPhone 5, and I hate the thing).

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Brown for me...

ajydyryh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I got the blue and I sprayed it with leather all protector for shoes. Seems to help with some of the dirt but still allows oils to age the leather.