Apple Leather Case for iPhone 5S

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Sheesh...this is pretty terrible. But I can say I kind of suspected that the cases would look grimy over time, so I opted for the black. Have you been able to clean it up a bit, OP?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the red case ( because verizon didn't have any of the black ones) and i sprayed it with leather protector and it seems to be helping keep it nice and new looking. I will have to see how it fares a month or so down the line though, but I am surprised apple wouldn't have coated it in some similar product before shipping because they had to know that would happen and some would return their cases because of it.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the red case ( because verizon didn't have any of the black ones) and i sprayed it with leather protector and it seems to be helping keep it nice and new looking. I will have to see how it fares a month or so down the line though, but I am surprised apple wouldn't have coated it in some similar product before shipping because they had to know that would happen and some would return their cases because of it.

Keep us updated on the condition of the case. Leather protection spray is a good idea. I don't have the Apple leather case, but I did have a BookBook and it got worn out over time.

This post was made by Tiffany

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got the black case as a gift, and so far it still looks amazing. Granted I have only had it since the 25th of December, but I don't expect the black to deteriorate in color as quickly. I have seen some of the cases posted in the forums, and I actually like the worn look of the cases.

BigSaintDogs

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I have black one and it still looks great! I guess the tint hides any stains from oils on your hands.

If it's not a Saint it's just a Dog!
iPhone 5S 64G, iPad Air 128G LTE, MacBook Pro 17 2010, Apple TV, iPod Classic 160 G, Time Capsule 2T

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Keep us updated on the condition of the case. Leather protection spray is a good idea. I don't have the Apple leather case, but I did have a BookBook and it got worn out over time.

This post was made by Tiffany

The difference is that the BookBook case is supposed to look worn over time. It is supposed to be a part of the appeal. The Apple leather case doesn't have the same intention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the blue leather for both my iPhone and iPad Air. I am not seeing anything that makes it look bad. I wipe of my cases with a damp cloth from time to time.

I do have one complain, the two cases are not identical. The iPad is a deeper blue and a smoother texture than than the iPhone. They are both nice but I expected them to be identical and will admit I am disappointed that they are not.

Had to vent. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Could the affected of you please post some pictures of the worn looks of your cases in all of its colors? Maybe with your phone inserted? I like the case and sometimes I like the worn look, depends on the color.

Thanks

clcoupe

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Can't do pics at the moment but my red apple case has got darker on all four corners this maybe due to putting it in a leather belt case, it still looks good after a month or two.
Only downsides I have found with this case 1. Not really too much of a problem but it is very tight round the phone so is difficult to get off the phone, bringing me on to problem 2 the lightning port converter dose not work with this case as there is no step on the connector and must fit flush to the bottom of the phone.
You would think apples own case and converter rrp of ?60 would work together but no. Not good apple not good. Separate these work well but together no chance.

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The Brown leather case I gave my wife looks a mess! The Black one I have on my black 5 still looks like the day I bought it! Black ftw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk