Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I stopped at Best Buy today to look for a new Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 5. I was waiting to have it installed, because I won't even attempt it, and I started to look through a Best Buy sales circular. Happened to see an ad for the nuud Lifeproof case, and noticed it didn't say "Coming Soon" anymore. So I asked, and sure enough, walked out with a new nuud case. Very impressed so far. My phone fit extremely snugly into the case. There a silicone seal on the front face plate that presses up against the phone's screen, creating a seal. Needless to say, the back needs to fit tightly in order to put pressure on the front seal. My first thought was how solid it made the phone feel. Like the case was part of the phone. Above and below the screen are sold plastic. No more wavy stuff going on. The home button is different too, an actual button with a little travel. I am a little concerned about the clear back cover. I can see it getting scratched up very easily. It came with a screw in head phone adapter, scratch protector(their words) for the exposed screen if you want it, and of course a wipe cloth. I would think it's very important to have that front screen clean before sealing it. Also came with a dummy piece of plastic the size of the iP5 to test the case before trusting your phone to it. Sound from the speaker is better, experienced a little vibration from music, not nearly what it was with the fre. Call sound quality is better as well. I put it to the wife test. If I can talk to the wife with the case on it,and she doesn't know its in a Lifeproof, then it passes. She had no clue. Call sound through the ear piece was fine. Very happy with it so far!

LifeProof iPhone 5 n??d Case - iPhone 5 n??d - iPhone 5 | LifeProof

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Got My nuud Today!

Cases like this just kill the whole experience for me...it essentially eliminates one of the biggest perks of having this device, the form factor.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

This is my favorite iPad case. Offers amazing protection from both drops and water, plus its a great size case.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I completely understand......however......it would take just one drop or one plunk into a commercial dishwasher and I would have to use my Blackberry 9630 again. I don't want that.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

This is my favorite iPad case. Offers amazing protection from both drops and water, plus its a great size case.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

I have the Nuud on my ipad and the fre on my 5. They are great cases. Looking forward to the Nuud for the 5.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

A phone has always been a phone to me. I'm liking the fre on my iPhone 5 now that they've fixed most of the issues. I might consider the nuud if they decide to make a car mount for it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

I'm still waiting for the N??d for the iPad Mini. This case seems awesome.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I like the idea, but I am a bit cautious about the glass and the seal to make it waterproof.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have the Fre and I'm wondering about the size comparison. Have you put it up with the Fre ?

It's the exact same size as the fre, so your clips and windshield mounts from Lifeproof will all still fit the same. And yes.....with the glass exposed, it kinda feels wrong to get it wet. I did test mine with the the dummy phone blank, and I did get my phone wet with the nuud on it. It works. The seal is effective.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373719059.074959.jpg

This cover cost about the same amount. It was a present by my father-in-law, so I used it without question. But after a while I switched back to my cheap plastic cover mainly because of what the second person in this thread said, the form factor. I really enjoy how light and small my iPhone 5 is and prefer to keep it that way.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I've always went nude for all my phones till I got my 5 reason is I plan on not keeping it for long and want it in the best shape as possible...planning on getting the next model as soon as it comes out

as for case I found the Fre to be light slim and compliment the form factor pretty well

lifeproof gives you a great level of protection in a small packing and the name "nuud" leads me to believe that's there intention from the start

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I stopped at Best Buy today to look for a new Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 5. I was waiting to have it installed, because I won't even attempt it, and I started to look through a Best Buy sales circular. Happened to see an ad for the nuud Lifeproof case, and noticed it didn't say "Coming Soon" anymore. So I asked, and sure enough, walked out with a new nuud case. Very impressed so far. My phone fit extremely snugly into the case. There a silicone seal on the front face plate that presses up against the phone's screen, creating a seal. Needless to say, the back needs to fit tightly in order to put pressure on the front seal. My first thought was how solid it made the phone feel. Like the case was part of the phone. Above and below the screen are sold plastic. No more wavy stuff going on. The home button is different too, an actual button with a little travel. I am a little concerned about the clear back cover. I can see it getting scratched up very easily. It came with a screw in head phone adapter, scratch protector(their words) for the exposed screen if you want it, and of course a wipe cloth. I would think it's very important to have that front screen clean before sealing it. Also came with a dummy piece of plastic the size of the iP5 to test the case before trusting your phone to it. Sound from the speaker is better, experienced a little vibration from music, not nearly what it was with the fre. Call sound quality is better as well. I put it to the wife test. If I can talk to the wife with the case on it,and she doesn't know its in a Lifeproof, then it passes. She had no clue. Call sound through the ear piece was fine. Very happy with it so far!

LifeProof iPhone 5 n??d Case - iPhone 5 n??d - iPhone 5 | LifeProof

Schufly - is the lightning port opening on the bottom of the case the same size as the Lifeproof Fre?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm still waiting for the N??d for the iPad Mini. This case seems awesome.

I love my ipad Nuud case. I get to use it in the hot tub! Plus I use it at work (camp director) and I can let the kids use it without concern.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
yes it is! Big enough to accomodate some aftermarket lightning cables. the port cover is a little tighter too. takes a little more effort to get it open.

Nice!! I just ordered a Pure Gear "Weather Resistant" case - it's a 2 piece case that screws together. It looks pretty awesome. I spent some short lived time with the Fre and hated it. The screen protector was so wavy and the back of the case vibrated like crazy whenever the phone rang (so much so it felt like I had it switched to vibrate). I'll have to see how this new case works out, otherwise I may have to scoop up one of these!

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the Fre for my iPhone 5. While I love it, I am not a fan of the plastic screen protector. Is the Nuud worth the upgrade? Also, does it work with the LifeProof armband?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my nuud this week for the 5 and i have to say i love it, ive tried everything pretty much from the fre to the incipio atlas to an otterbox to an armor and i have to say i love this case!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234