Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 139
Like Tree32Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Schufly's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Current

    Talking Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    I stopped at Best Buy today to look for a new Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 5. I was waiting to have it installed, because I won't even attempt it, and I started to look through a Best Buy sales circular. Happened to see an ad for the nuud Lifeproof case, and noticed it didn't say "Coming Soon" anymore. So I asked, and sure enough, walked out with a new nuud case. Very impressed so far. My phone fit extremely snugly into the case. There a silicone seal on the front face plate that presses up against the phone's screen, creating a seal. Needless to say, the back needs to fit tightly in order to put pressure on the front seal. My first thought was how solid it made the phone feel. Like the case was part of the phone. Above and below the screen are sold plastic. No more wavy stuff going on. The home button is different too, an actual button with a little travel. I am a little concerned about the clear back cover. I can see it getting scratched up very easily. It came with a screw in head phone adapter, scratch protector(their words) for the exposed screen if you want it, and of course a wipe cloth. I would think it's very important to have that front screen clean before sealing it. Also came with a dummy piece of plastic the size of the iP5 to test the case before trusting your phone to it. Sound from the speaker is better, experienced a little vibration from music, not nearly what it was with the fre. Call sound quality is better as well. I put it to the wife test. If I can talk to the wife with the case on it,and she doesn't know its in a Lifeproof, then it passes. She had no clue. Call sound through the ear piece was fine. Very happy with it so far!

    LifeProof iPhone 5 nüüd Case - iPhone 5 nüüd - iPhone 5 | LifeProof
    Thanked by:
    bahandi (07-12-2013), iLive an iLife (07-13-2013), kataran (07-13-2013)
    Pirate, jclisenby and kataran like this.
  2. #2  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    9,171 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,173 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today!

    Cases like this just kill the whole experience for me...it essentially eliminates one of the biggest perks of having this device, the form factor.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
    jerryjin (08-12-2013)
    bgl321, mab4285, zeteo and 1 others like this.
  3. #3  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today!

    This is my favorite iPad case. Offers amazing protection from both drops and water, plus its a great size case.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    kataran likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Schufly's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Current

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today!

    I completely understand......however......it would take just one drop or one plunk into a commercial dishwasher and I would have to use my Blackberry 9630 again. I don't want that.
    jclisenby likes this.
  5. #5  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    3,269 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,694 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    This is my favorite iPad case. Offers amazing protection from both drops and water, plus its a great size case.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    I have the Nuud on my ipad and the fre on my 5. They are great cases. Looking forward to the Nuud for the 5.
    kataran likes this.
  6. #6  
    bahandi's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today!

    A phone has always been a phone to me. I'm liking the fre on my iPhone 5 now that they've fixed most of the issues. I might consider the nuud if they decide to make a car mount for it.
  7. #7  
    Alli's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    11,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today!

    I'm still waiting for the Nüüd for the iPad Mini. This case seems awesome.
  8. #8  
    bamf-hacker's Avatar

    Posts
    4,102 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,233 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today!

    I like the idea, but I am a bit cautious about the glass and the seal to make it waterproof.
  9. #9  
    jerome g's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    210 Posts

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    Hi, I have the Fre and I'm wondering about the size comparison. Have you put it up with the Fre ?
  10. #10  
    bahandi's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by bamf-hacker View Post
    I like the idea, but I am a bit cautious about the glass and the seal to make it waterproof.
    I'm skeptical too, even though I've watched the full out demo of the iPad nuud so many times.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    Schufly's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Current

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by jerome g View Post
    Hi, I have the Fre and I'm wondering about the size comparison. Have you put it up with the Fre ?
    It's the exact same size as the fre, so your clips and windshield mounts from Lifeproof will all still fit the same. And yes.....with the glass exposed, it kinda feels wrong to get it wet. I did test mine with the the dummy phone blank, and I did get my phone wet with the nuud on it. It works. The seal is effective.
    Thanked by:
    bahandi (07-13-2013), kataran (07-13-2013)
  12. #12  
    SprSynJn's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373719059.074959.jpg

    This cover cost about the same amount. It was a present by my father-in-law, so I used it without question. But after a while I switched back to my cheap plastic cover mainly because of what the second person in this thread said, the form factor. I really enjoy how light and small my iPhone 5 is and prefer to keep it that way.
    garusg likes this.
  13. #13  
    kataran's Avatar

    Posts
    5,923 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,539 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.1

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    I've always went nude for all my phones till I got my 5 reason is I plan on not keeping it for long and want it in the best shape as possible...planning on getting the next model as soon as it comes out

    as for case I found the Fre to be light slim and compliment the form factor pretty well

    lifeproof gives you a great level of protection in a small packing and the name "nuud" leads me to believe that's there intention from the start
    iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

    kill them with kindness :-)
  14. #14  
    iLive an iLife's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    I stopped at Best Buy today to look for a new Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 5. I was waiting to have it installed, because I won't even attempt it, and I started to look through a Best Buy sales circular. Happened to see an ad for the nuud Lifeproof case, and noticed it didn't say "Coming Soon" anymore. So I asked, and sure enough, walked out with a new nuud case. Very impressed so far. My phone fit extremely snugly into the case. There a silicone seal on the front face plate that presses up against the phone's screen, creating a seal. Needless to say, the back needs to fit tightly in order to put pressure on the front seal. My first thought was how solid it made the phone feel. Like the case was part of the phone. Above and below the screen are sold plastic. No more wavy stuff going on. The home button is different too, an actual button with a little travel. I am a little concerned about the clear back cover. I can see it getting scratched up very easily. It came with a screw in head phone adapter, scratch protector(their words) for the exposed screen if you want it, and of course a wipe cloth. I would think it's very important to have that front screen clean before sealing it. Also came with a dummy piece of plastic the size of the iP5 to test the case before trusting your phone to it. Sound from the speaker is better, experienced a little vibration from music, not nearly what it was with the fre. Call sound quality is better as well. I put it to the wife test. If I can talk to the wife with the case on it,and she doesn't know its in a Lifeproof, then it passes. She had no clue. Call sound through the ear piece was fine. Very happy with it so far!

    LifeProof iPhone 5 nüüd Case - iPhone 5 nüüd - iPhone 5 | LifeProof
    Schufly - is the lightning port opening on the bottom of the case the same size as the Lifeproof Fre?
    Just remember, everything happens for a reason...

    If you found my post helpful, feel free to click "Thanks!"
  15. #15  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    3,269 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,694 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I'm still waiting for the Nüüd for the iPad Mini. This case seems awesome.
    I love my ipad Nuud case. I get to use it in the hot tub! Plus I use it at work (camp director) and I can let the kids use it without concern.
  16. #16  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    3,269 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,694 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by jerome g View Post
    Hi, I have the Fre and I'm wondering about the size comparison. Have you put it up with the Fre ?
    I saw this on another blog site. Hope this helps. If it opens at beginning go to last page.

    Lifeproof case
    http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum.../#post-1022264
    Thanked by:
    cyberpaw (07-13-2013)
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    Schufly's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Current

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by iLive an iLife View Post
    Schufly - is the lightning port opening on the bottom of the case the same size as the Lifeproof Fre?
    yes it is! Big enough to accomodate some aftermarket lightning cables. the port cover is a little tighter too. takes a little more effort to get it open.
    Thanked by:
    kataran (07-13-2013)
  18. #18  
    iLive an iLife's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    yes it is! Big enough to accomodate some aftermarket lightning cables. the port cover is a little tighter too. takes a little more effort to get it open.
    Nice!! I just ordered a Pure Gear "Weather Resistant" case - it's a 2 piece case that screws together. It looks pretty awesome. I spent some short lived time with the Fre and hated it. The screen protector was so wavy and the back of the case vibrated like crazy whenever the phone rang (so much so it felt like I had it switched to vibrate). I'll have to see how this new case works out, otherwise I may have to scoop up one of these!
    Just remember, everything happens for a reason...

    If you found my post helpful, feel free to click "Thanks!"
  19. #19  
    mfm77's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    I have the Fre for my iPhone 5. While I love it, I am not a fan of the plastic screen protector. Is the Nuud worth the upgrade? Also, does it work with the LifeProof armband?
  20. #20  
    jmendel33's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    I got my nuud this week for the 5 and i have to say i love it, ive tried everything pretty much from the fre to the incipio atlas to an otterbox to an armor and i have to say i love this case!
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    Schufly's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Current

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by mfm77 View Post
    I have the Fre for my iPhone 5. While I love it, I am not a fan of the plastic screen protector. Is the Nuud worth the upgrade? Also, does it work with the LifeProof armband?
    I was never a fan of the wavy stuff either. That's the main reason I returned my fre. That whole pillow look on the front, and the gap and the colored plastic wavy bezel around the screen. I think it's worth the money. Yes it will work with your armband. Same physical dimensions as the fre.
  22. #22  
    prophecyc2's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    171 Posts

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    I purchased this case today and I'm absolutely in love!! Lifeproof hit it out of the park on this one. It's so lightweight. The option of using the screen protector is a nice touch.
  23. #23  
    bahandi's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    I use a screen protector under my fre with no real issues. I'm assuming that since LifeProof provides a scratch protector to go over the screen, I can still keep my screen protector on with the nuud case?
    dobermansrule likes this.
  24. #24  
    awtryau89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    I was able to snag one Tuesday. I also have a Fre. I went through numerous Fres until I got a really really good one. The screen protector was nearly flat, the sound was very good and I really liked the case. I purchased the Nuud because I had a Best Buy credit for $80. I thought I would probably return it because of how much I liked the Fre. I immediately installed it and initially liked the case. There was only one issue that really bothered me, the bezel. I was always touching it when typing and it always bothered me on the notification pull down. After using the Nuud through Friday, I figured I liked my Fre better so I put it back on. Although I do like not having a bezel on the Fre, having the Nuud on for 4 days made me realize how great a naked screen really is. I used my Fre all day today and when I got home I put the Nuud back on and its not coming off. I also installed the scratch protector. Its actually really nice quality similar to an SPG. No rainbows and very even. Overall the Nuud just feels a touch more solid than the Fre. The Fre is a bit thinner, by less than a MM. If you have to choose between this and the Fre, I think it is definitely worth the extra $10. Lifeproof has also stated they will have colors. I hope its inside 60 days as I have Premier Silver and would possibly use my extended return. I always liked my flat earth colored Fre.
    bahandi likes this.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    Schufly's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Current

    Default Re: Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

    I think it all depends on the screen protector. The case has to seal flush to the glass. The one that comes with the Nuud is smaller than the seal surface. I put it on after the case was on it and it worked out perfect.
    Thanked by:
    bahandi (07-13-2013)
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Time Capsule Access over internet from iphone-ipad
    By meashishnd in forum Mac Peripherals
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 09:15 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 06:43 PM
  3. Q10 back to iPhone 5
    By zeteo in forum iPhone 5
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  4. WTS:IPhone 5/iPad MIni lightning cables
    By smileyboy in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 11:26 AM
  5. iPhone 5 notifications not working
    By tallytabletommy in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 06:21 PM

Posting Permissions