Garmin? Head-Up Display (HUD) Projects Directions onto the Windshield

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Garmin? Head-Up Display (HUD) Projects Directions onto the Windshield ? Garmin Blog

Today, we announced our first portable head-up display for smartphone navigation apps[1]. HUD is an innovative new way of viewing navigation information in the car, projecting crisp and bright directions onto a transparent film on the windshield or an attached reflector lens. By providing comprehensive road guidance at a glance and right within the driver?s line of sight, HUD can help increase safety and reduce driver distraction. HUD receives navigation information from a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone running a Garmin StreetPilot or NAVIGON app. HUD has an MSRP of $129.99 and will be available this summer.

Interesting concept...

Disclaimer: no, I don't work for 'em... just been a happy Navigon app user...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
that is pretty cool.. A friend of mine used to drive a Chrysler Lebaron that had HUD for the instrument cluster information..

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This is the future of where we're heading. I'm really excited to see them offer this, and can't wait to see what car manufacturers can do with this technology in the near future.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the future of where we're heading. I'm really excited to see them offer this, and can't wait to see what car manufacturers can do with this technology in the near future.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

I'm in full agreement with you, my friend...:)....and it sure will be interesting to see what auto manufacturers do with this technology.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW