Dr. Dre Wireless Beats with Iphone 5

Tony47nv

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Must say that i never thought i would be saying that these Dr. Dre wireless headphones are really amazing on my Iphone 5.They are super simple to pair up to the the Iphone and they are super crisp, and let you hear everythng that you miss without headphones. My bose headphones are just a bit better but not wireless.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What i always found the most humorous about Dre Beats is that apparently Dr. Dre doesn't even use them in the studio, lol...i can't blame him, they are extremely overrated for the price, but they do have good bass response if that is your thing and they're "pretty", lol.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the Bose headphones and they are AWESOME!!! I am fine with the cord. When I want to go cordless I have a Jabra Play that I sync to my iP5. Tried the Beats and felt the bass was too rich and over powering.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What i always found the most humorous about Dre Beats is that apparently Dr. Dre doesn't even use them in the studio, lol...i can't blame him, they are extremely overrated for the price, but they do have good bass response if that is your thing and they're "pretty", lol.
My teen son has a pair of Dre Beats and they are well-built and can produce a lot of bass, as you've stated, and he loves them. Personally, I was not impressed with the sound they produced and would not want a pair for myself.

I have the Bose headphones and they are AWESOME!!! I am fine with the cord. When I want to go cordless I have a Jabra Play that I sync to my iP5. Tried the Beats and felt the bass was too rich and over powering.
I, too, use Bose headphone and prefer them to anything else. I also agree that they are AWESOME!!!...:D

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Bose and Altec in ear buds that has a nice cord and like the sound on both. I use one for cycling when I sweat and the Bose around the house.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I want a pair of Beats by Dre because I listened to "Wait For Love" by Luther Vandross in them and it sounded amazing. I think those may be my next headphone purchase. However, I'm not sure if I'll get the wireless ones or the wired Studios.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I want a pair of Beats by Dre because I listened to "Wait For Love" by Luther Vandross in them and it sounded amazing. I think those may be my next headphone purchase. However, I'm not sure if I'll get the wireless ones or the wired Studios.

I highly suggest you do some market research on headphones before putting money into a pair of Dre Beats...HIGHLY...

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I highly suggest you do some market research on headphones before putting money into a pair of Dre Beats...HIGHLY...

I know there are better quality headphones for the cost and I'm not 100% set on a pair of Beats, I just know that the sound much better than my current headphones. I'll probably end up with another brand but those are a pair that I know I could live with.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is a audiophile now lol

Is it a bad thing to have a preference on better sound quality for the price when it comes to headphones? I have a pair of Sennheisers at home that were the same cost as the wired full ear Dre Beats, but have infinitely better sound quality...for travel I have a folding set of Bose NC's that also sound better than the Beats and they Dre Beats are a fashion statement that also double as headphones...it doesn't take an audiophile to realize this, people buy them because of the name...kind of like buying a pair of Jordan's expecting all of them to be the best basketball shoes on the market because of the name, when it just isn't true.

Bose have better noise reduction and a more natural sound...they don't focus on bass response, but even still, Bose is not at the top of the food chain when you start getting into the high dollar stuff, most of the best gear you probably would have never heard of, and that's because they arn't mass produced garbage.

Do you consider anyone that prefers the higher standard stuff that, while costing more at times, provides superior performance, as being too critical on the equipment? If so, you should probably go sell your iPhone.

Last edited:

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it a bad thing to have a preference on better sound quality for the price when it comes to headphones? I have a pair of Sennheisers at home that were the same cost as the wired full ear Dre Beats, but have infinitely better sound quality...for travel I have a folding set of Bose NC's that also sound better than the Beats and they Dre Beats are a fashion statement that also double as headphones...it doesn't take an audiophile to realize this, people buy them because of the name...kind of like buying a pair of Jordan's expecting all of them to be the best basketball shoes on the market because of the name, when it just isn't true.

Bose have better noise reduction and a more natural sound...they don't focus on bass response, but even still, Bose is not at the top of the food chain when you start getting into the high dollar stuff, most of the best gear you probably would have never heard of, and that's because they arn't mass produced garbage.

Please!!!none of these companies wouldn't have step there game up if it wasn't for beats/monster
You wouldn't even look for alternatives or this "best gear" that you think I haven't herd off come on

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You don't have a single clue what you're talking about, do you?

No one would "step there (*their) game up"? Beats are a very recent addition to the headphone world, if you weren't aware. Companies have been making better headphones for decades in comparison, so as far as stepping companies "game up", Beats have really only had one consistent factor in the "game", and that is starting a trend of visually appealing headphones outside of the basic design we've had for so long...I'll give them that, they've created the headphone "fashion statement" without question.

And you may not have a quality standard that is the same as mine...that is fine, based on your comments, it would see that you don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject itself, and i guess on the other side of the spectrum it's a bit unfair to expect you to know about these better headsets of names you arnt aware of because you probably don't have someone in an industry that uses these things daily like i do.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
My teen son has a pair of Dre Beats and they are well-built and can produce a lot of bass, as you've stated, and he loves them. Personally, I was not impressed with the sound they produced and would not want a pair for myself.

I, too, use Bose headphone and prefer them to anything else. I also agree that they are AWESOME!!!...:D

I bought my stepdaughter the Beats for Christmas. When she opened them, they only worked in one ear. The next day we went to return them at about 10am and the woman at Best Buy pointed to 6 other boxes of them that had been returned that morning.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, the fact that you mention Monster as some sort of positive just shows your lack of knowledge on it...enjoy your Best Buy "elite" equipment, lol.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You don't have a single clue what you're talking about, do you?

No one would "step there (*their) game up"? Beats are a very recent addition to the headphone world, if you weren't aware. Companies have been making better headphones for decades in comparison, so as far as stepping companies "game up", Beats have really only had one consistent factor in the "game", and that is starting a trend of visually appealing headphones outside of the basic design we've had for so long...I'll give them that, they've created the headphone "fashion statement" without question.

And you may not have a quality standard that is the same as mine...that is fine, based on your comments, it would see that you don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject itself, and i guess on the other side of the spectrum it's a bit unfair to expect you to know about these better headsets of names you arnt aware of because you probably don't have someone in an industry that uses these things daily like i do.

I'm more than positive that you recently concentrated on sound quality
You probably googled headphone companies and done research like everybody else
Which that's not a problem but your not fooling anybody are you a DJ , beat maker , or even have a studio ??

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm more than positive that you recently concentrated on sound quality
You probably googled headphone companies and done research like everybody else
Which that's not a problem but your not fooling anybody are you a DJ , beat maker , or even have a studio ??

You're flat out wrong, in many, many ways. I started concentrating on sound quality back before i was even old enough to drive, with my dad (who used to play guitar and piano) and filled our house with Marantz equipment (in the day when that was the cream of the crop). To be honest though, I'm not here to give you a life story about me, i don't care if hold my opinion with a grain of salt or as the end all be all statement of the equipment.

You are right about one thing though, I did (fairly recently) google and research online about Dre Beats...my nephew asked for a pair for christmas last year and i personally didn't really know much about them outside of the general consensus that they were overrated. It was as easy as asking him what he wanted in the headphones though, and his short answer was that they looked cool...and that made them perfect for his use.

For what it's worth, my wife is a locations manager and film producer...and we do have a post production "studio" in our house (which is really just an office with two iMacs in it, about $30k worth of camera equipment...more hard drives than i care to count...and yes, a few sets of pretty high end headphones.) All that said though, my headphones were not a result of any of her gear, I got them for a good price and felt they sounded a world better than any of the other headphones in the bracket (the Beats weren't even out yet, but having compared them now, it still holds true).

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You're flat out wrong, in many, many ways. I started concentrating on sound quality back before i was even old enough to drive, with my dad (who used to play guitar and piano) and filled our house with Marantz equipment (in the day when that was the cream of the crop). To be honest though, I'm not here to give you a life story about me, i don't care if hold my opinion with a grain of salt or as the end all be all statement of the equipment.

You are right about one thing though, I did (fairly recently) google and research online about Dre Beats...my nephew asked for a pair for christmas last year and i personally didn't really know much about them outside of the general consensus that they were overrated. It was as easy as asking him what he wanted in the headphones though, and his short answer was that they looked cool...and that made them perfect for his use.

For what it's worth, my wife is a locations manager and film producer...and we do have a post production "studio" in our house (which is really just an office with two iMacs in it, about $30k worth of camera equipment...more hard drives than i care to count...and yes, a few sets of pretty high end headphones.) All that said though, my headphones were not a result of any of her gear, I got them for a good price and felt they sounded a world better than any of the other headphones in the bracket (the Beats weren't even out yet, but having compared them now, it still holds true).

Cool...... not to sound disrespectful to you I've been dealing with music most if my life being a writer, musician , and d.j. since the mid 90's and being with artist for some time nobody wasn't thinking about headphones in till 08-09 if you needed more of a full range sound or a clearer sound u have an EQ to help with that I used Sony, Pioneer, Denon for headphones and they where great for years and they are high quality they weren't $300 but as soon as Dre and jimmy iovine came with BEATS so many people bought them millions !! There great headphones are there better ones "yes" the competition has gotten better but Beats/Monster has set the standard...

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I should invest in some dre beat headphones to they have great sound but I would want the ear bud ones not really into the big headphones

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Cool...... not to sound disrespectful to you I've been dealing with music most if my life being a writer, musician , and d.j. since the mid 90's and being with artist for some time nobody wasn't thinking about headphones in till 08-09 if you needed more of a full range sound or a clearer sound u have an EQ to help with that I used Sony, Pioneer, Denon for headphones and they where great for years and they are high quality they weren't $300 but as soon as Dre and jimmy iovine came with BEATS so many people bought them millions !! There great headphones are there better ones "yes" the competition has gotten better but Beats/Monster has set the standard...

Millions of people also buy Vizio flat panel televisions...but they are one of the lower end models of HDTV's and show it vs. the better products in many ways. No offense, but for someone so "invested" in the music industry, you have a really poor taste in what you stand behind...there's no two ways about this, Dre Beats are a popular brand, but not a quality product when comparing to others in the price range and bracket of device. I don't know you from joe blow, so I'm not going to sit and call you a liar, but it's a bit odd that someone with a musical background as you've claimed to have would stand behind such mediocre stuff, especially in the music industry, where top notch equipment goes hand in hand with production value.

As far as the "nobody was thinking about headphones until 08-09"...sorry man, but that's just asinine. Maybe you weren't...maybe your circles weren't, and maybe it wasn't a pop culture fashion statement until then, but i can assure you, ever since production of any kind has been around, people have been clamoring for the best headphones they could get their hands on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox