Incipio Atlas case reviews?

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I see that the Atlas case is finally making it out to the public. Anyone have any first hand reviews on what you think about it?

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Incipio Atlas reviews?

Sorry for being dense, but when I select the link mentioned above it just takes me back to this same post. What am I missing??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for being dense, but when I select the link mentioned above it just takes me back to this same post. What am I missing??

Sorry about that. I've updated the link.

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I appreciate the help, but I've seen the CES and "professional" reviews and was curious what actual new owners thought of them.

bwhardy

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Got my Atlas at the Verizon store when I got my 5. It's a lot thinner then the Otter and Griffin. Feels really good in the hand. The glass screen protector is 1st class. I use it on the Kayak, bike riding and at the beach with no worries. Now for the bad news : it's really , really hard to remove and it does the old flash washout when you take a flash photo. I have the white and grey one, don't know of it happens on the black one or not. Even with that I will be keeping this case. Love it!

sparky502

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I've got mine in hand & I love it! Only thing I don't care for us the home button isn't recessed, the sound quality suffers slightly & you have to push a bit harder on the screen than I'm use to. None of these will make me even consider going back to the otterbox & I hated the life proof on my i4 & I'm told it does the samething on the 5 that I hated which is the gap in the screen & the case. All-in-all it's freakin sweet! It is a mofo to get off which I consider a good thing. Here's a tip ill give those of you that incipio should but doesn't. When you open the packaging you'll see a barcode w/ a number above it on the packaging, that number should match the number on the inside of your case. You'll need it when registering & signing up for the warranty. Good luck everyone.

sparky502

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Also, I have the black on black one (only available at Verizon) & experience no flashback. Camera works great w/ or w/o flash.

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I went ahead and made a trip to Verizon and bought a black on black. All the previous posts are spot on! Observations are exactly right. The touch screen isn't quite as responsive, especially in the corners, as my Defender was but I'll accept that to get total water and dust protection.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I've been intrigued by a waterproof case (especially for vacation and a random summer rain shower). Does anyone know if the Lightning to 30 pin cable connector works with this case?

Last edited:

housema9391

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Yes I just received from Incipio yesterday. Need to return it. Very poor voice clarity. The person on the other end said that when I talk it sounds like I'm in a tunnel. When I make a phone call the voice sound is very high pitched, I tried lowering volume but did not work. I'm sending it back and hopefully it was just a defect on this particular case. I will let you know when I get the other case.

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm having lots of audio problems as well. Outgoing audio seems fine, but incoming is very tinny and I'm getting random short bursts of high pitched squealing feedback. Tinny I might be able to live with but the feedback is totally unacceptable! Not sure what to do.

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm having lots of audio problems as well. Outgoing audio seems fine, but incoming is very tinny and I'm getting random short bursts of high pitched squealing feedback. Tinny I might be able to live with but the feedback is totally unacceptable! Not sure what to do.

After checking and finding that I was far from being the only person with a feedback problem, I took the case back to Verizon. As I started to tell the sales lady my problem, she interrupted me and said she knew exactly what meant. Turns out she had bought one too and had returned it for a Lifeproof case after experiencing the same feedback.

I now have a Lifeproof and so far it's working great! Hope it stays this way!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

After checking and finding that I was far from being the only person with a feedback problem, I took the case back to Verizon. As I started to tell the sales lady my problem, she interrupted me and said she knew exactly what meant. Turns out she had bought one too and had returned it for a Lifeproof case after experiencing the same feedback.

I now have a Lifeproof and so far it's working great! Hope it stays this way!

Dkbllb, do you know if the lightning to 30 pin adapter (with the cable) is compatible with the Lifeproof case?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner