Best iPad 4 Case?

FitMomXtine

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I searched the boards for a good case for the iPad, but most of the ones I was looking into was for phones.

I've had the otterbox defender for my iPhone 4S and I really like it (it does not feel bulky to me at all)..

I heard about the Lifeproof cases (one of my friends took his iPhone and dunked it in water, that was cool)

But I'm not sure what case would be good for my iPad 4..

I do want to mention my Kids accidentally dropped my iPad while they where on it (it was in a case, but it was one of those flip type cases and obviously didn't protect it well enough. The screen did crack and I was able to use my AppleCare to replace it.

I'm no longer going to let my Kids use the iPad without my supervision (they are 5 & 6 years old), But in case I do let them "play" with it while I'm supervising, I still want my iPad to be protected, because I can also be a clutz myself. I've never dropped my iPad (knock on wood) But I have dropped my iPhone and it's still in great shape (with the otterbox defender, the protective screen doesn't bother me).

So I'm wondering which case would offer the best protection against shock/dropping.. I guess i'm not too worried about water because i'm very careful and my kids are aware never to have liquids near the iPad/iPhone/Computers etc.. but still you never know..

So is it true that Otterbox is more for Shock/dropping purposes as opposed to Lifeproof which is more for protecting from dirt and water damage?

i don't really care of it makes it "bulky" as I'd rather have a bulky iPad than a broken one. (and like I mentioned I do have an otterbox defender on my iPhone, so I don't mind it at all)
But If any of you can recommend any good iPad cases, I'd really appreciate it. :eek:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to give this a bump - I'm looking for a new iPad case myself. I currently have the smart case but I'm not a big fan - the corners/edges are rather sharp and a little difficult to hold.

If anyone has some suggestions (especially something a little more durable/protective - I'm going on vacation at the end of the month and need something that will be good for traveling). Thanks all!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox makes the best case for protection. I would also check out ballistic cases. They make a great one, too.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

iGeekPro

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Sorry if you've already bought a case, but I came across your post and I thought you may be interested. I bought a iPad case from a UK company called BUKcase a few weeks back and I'm really delighted with the quality. Apparently, they claim their cases are all handmade by master bookbinders. The case i got is really solid and looks really discrete, which is great if you want to deter theft etc.

I bought a BUKcase original. It has a solid one piece plywood frame running all the way round. I reckon its pretty tough because my nephew has dropped it a few times and nothing has happened!

Give them a shout, they may be able to make a case for you.

Hope that helps!

iGeek

Attachments

• iPad_Slim_Blue.jpg
    iPad_Slim_Blue.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 22

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member