What is the best screen protector for iPhone 5?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Steinheil oleophobic for my mom's iPhone5 and put it in a sena case that does not have a lip on it and now the steinheil is peeling off from around the edges. It is terrible and I thought this was supposed to be one of the premium screen protectors?

Any recs for a great screen protector?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Steinheil oleophobic for my mom's iPhone5 and put it in a sena case that does not have a lip on it and now the steinheil is peeling off from around the edges. It is terrible and I thought this was supposed to be one of the premium screen protectors?

Any recs for a great screen protector?

Check the Deal of the day here in the forum. You might find that to you liking and can buy it right here from the iMore store.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Do a search here in the Accessories forum. There are multiple threads debating the merits of various screen protectors.

bg6552

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Have you looked any tempered glass screen protectors? I'm rocking the spigen sgp premium tempered glass screen protector. It's fantastic.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked any tempered glass screen protectors? I'm rocking the spigen sgp premium tempered glass screen protector. It's fantastic.

No, I just realized they made them. Does it decrease the screen's responsiveness? The Steinheil oleophobid, which is a spigen sgp product also, peeled and significantly decreased the screen's responsiveness.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Highly HIGHLY recommend ismooth .com screen protectors, have one on my galaxy note 2 And iPhone 5.... 7 dollars for 3 screen protectors 2 dust removers and a huge microfiber clothe, and customer service is fantastic. Awesome deal for the price

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No, I just realized they made them. Does it decrease the screen's responsiveness? The Steinheil oleophobid, which is a spigen sgp product also, peeled and significantly decreased the screen's responsiveness.

I've had the Spigen GlasT on my 5 since December. Looks like glass. Feels like glass. Can't tell there's anything on there. I suspect there's little difference between the glass screen protectors, and all the major players now have them (including Radio Shack!). Love mine. Can't imagine going without.

folgrz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
idk, the steinheil oleophobic have received great reviews in the past. I just can't believe how bad this one is. Maybe they changed?

Thanks, will take a look. The thing that I always worried about with ghost armor is the difficulty of application.

If you have a kiosk near you then I would order it from ghost armor direct and take it to your local kiosk to have it installed or you can just go to the kiosk and get everything there. I think they only charge $10 (USD) for installation if you bring the ghost armor with you. Another plus is you get a lifetime warranty, (life of the phone) you can take it back whenever you like and they will re-wrap the phone for $5.

If you buy everything in one shot at the kiosk I believe it is a total cost of $40(USD) with installation.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Spigen GlasT on my 5 since December. Looks like glass. Feels like glass. Can't tell there's anything on there. I suspect there's little difference between the glass screen protectors, and all the major players now have them (including Radio Shack!). Love mine. Can't imagine going without.
Are they hard to put on?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Are they hard to put on?

Nope! They are very simple. You drop it on your iPhone and align. I did it by sliding my nails around the edges so that it was perfectly squared. Once it's in place, you tap the center which releases the adhesive and spreads out, leaving you with a perfectly placed screen protector with no bubbles.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Nope! They are very simple. You drop it on your iPhone and align. I did it by sliding my nails around the edges so that it was perfectly squared. Once it's in place, you tap the center which releases the adhesive and spreads out, leaving you with a perfectly placed screen protector with no bubbles.
How do they fit with cases?