Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    nmburns's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Happy Friday!

    Wondering if anyone has found a good bluetooth headset that works for people with small ears. I have the Blue Ant Q2 and no matter which size buds I use, they are too big and do not fit right. I would use the included ear hook, but it's uncomfy and makes my ear sore.

    I would like to buy a new one, but I wanted first to check in with my techie friends and see if anyone else has had the same problem and found a solution.

    Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. #2  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar

    Posts
    10,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by nmburns View Post
    Happy Friday!

    Wondering if anyone has found a good bluetooth headset that works for people with small ears. I have the Blue Ant Q2 and no matter which size buds I use, they are too big and do not fit right. I would use the included ear hook, but it's uncomfy and makes my ear sore.

    I would like to buy a new one, but I wanted first to check in with my techie friends and see if anyone else has had the same problem and found a solution.

    Thanks in advance for your help!
    I would check on Amazon or any of the other companies that make earbuds as many of them generally have 3 different size silicone cups to fit your ears properly. Good luck.
    ~JAG~
    Ambassador @ iMore

    ​In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


    Thanked by:
    nmburns (04-05-2013)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    nmburns's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    I would check on Amazon or any of the other companies that make earbuds as many of them generally have 3 different size silicone cups to fit your ears properly. Good luck.
    Thanks for your suggestion. The Blue Ant does have the three different sizes, but they just don't seem to fit right. I'll have to keep looking, maybe will have to get customized ones.
  4. #4  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    10,215 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,093 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    A custom molded earpiece is the way to go... a little web searching using keywords "custom ear molds for bluetooth" should get you some options.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  5. #5  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar

    Posts
    10,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by nmburns View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. The Blue Ant does have the three different sizes, but they just don't seem to fit right. I'll have to keep looking, maybe will have to get customized ones.
    NO you won't. If you have a Best Buy near where you live they have the largest supply I have ever seen bluetooth and plug in. You can find all price ranges and look to see that the ones you want in bluetooth and can be customized meaning they have different sizers to fit your ear properly.

    EDIT: Did not mean to jump your reply Keith. I posted in between you.
    ~JAG~
    Ambassador @ iMore

    ​In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


    Thanked by:
    nmburns (04-05-2013)
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    nmburns's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    NO you won't. If you have a Best Buy near where you live they have the largest supply I have ever seen bluetooth and plug in. You can find all price ranges and look to see that the ones you want in bluetooth and can be customized meaning they have diffeernt sizers to fit your ear properly.
    Do you mean different bluetooth headsets or just the ear tips? I guess I've never just looked for ear tips before... but it's a great idea! It's almost like I need something that's oblong.. the regular circle-types don't fit well.
  7. #7  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    10,215 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,093 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    You can buy different tips for just about any bluetooth out there... by the time you try some... not like them... try something different... you may very well spend as much or more $$ than a custom mold/fit would have cost in the first place... a place to start before buying on-line might be with a local to you audiologist/hearing aid vendor and see what they have available.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Thanked by:
    nmburns (04-05-2013)
  8. #8  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar

    Posts
    10,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by nmburns View Post
    Do you mean different bluetooth headsets or just the ear tips? I guess I've never just looked for ear tips before... but it's a great idea! It's almost like I need something that's oblong.. the regular circle-types don't fit well.
    In your original post you mentioned Bluetooth Headsets which say to me a headset you place on your head with a left and right cup shape so to spaek that fits completly over the ear. If this is what you want then I would do as Keith mentioned and just google Blutooth headsets or look it up in search online at Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more or even until you see what you want. If you go to best buy you can at least see what will work for you.

    EDIT: if you are talking about earbuds which fit in your ear and not over the ear, then I should not see where you would not be able to find something that works.
    ~JAG~
    Ambassador @ iMore

    ​In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


    Thanked by:
    nmburns (04-05-2013)
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    nmburns's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    In your original post you mentioned Bluetooth Headsets which say to me a headset you place on your head with a left and right cup shape so to spaek that fits completly over the ear. If this is what you want then I would do as Keith mentioned and just google Blutooth headsets or look it up in search online at Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more or even until you see what you want. If you go to best buy you can at least see what will work for you.

    EDIT: if you are talking about earbuds which fit in your ear and not over the ear, then I should not see where you would not be able to find something that works.
    The bluetooth I have now has both just an in-ear option and also an in-ear combo with a removable ear hook. I have cartilage bumps on the backs of my hears, so over the ear headsets tend to hurt my ear after a while. I want a bluetooth that is just an in-ear one, so just an earbud that fits in the ear with nothing around the back of the ear - does that help?

    I have looked at the ones at Best Buy a few different times, but the problem is I can't open them and try them out. I'd need to buy them and then try them and return if I don't like. I was just curious if anyone else has smaller-ish ears and found one that works well.

    I"ll have to look into the costs, etc of customizable ones.

    Thanks for your help!
  10. #10  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar

    Posts
    10,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by nmburns View Post
    The bluetooth I have now has both just an in-ear option and also an in-ear combo with a removable ear hook. I have cartilage bumps on the backs of my hears, so over the ear headsets tend to hurt my ear after a while. I want a bluetooth that is just an in-ear one, so just an earbud that fits in the ear with nothing around the back of the ear - does that help?

    I have looked at the ones at Best Buy a few different times, but the problem is I can't open them and try them out. I'd need to buy them and then try them and return if I don't like. I was just curious if anyone else has smaller-ish ears and found one that works well.

    I"ll have to look into the costs, etc of customizable ones.

    Thanks for your help!
    You are very welcome. Best of luck and if I run across anything that might help you I will post back to let you know.
    ~JAG~
    Ambassador @ iMore

    ​In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


    Thanked by:
    nmburns (04-08-2013)
  11. #11  
    ernbrdn's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by nmburns View Post
    The bluetooth I have now has both just an in-ear option and also an in-ear combo with a removable ear hook. I have cartilage bumps on the backs of my hears, so over the ear headsets tend to hurt my ear after a while. I want a bluetooth that is just an in-ear one, so just an earbud that fits in the ear with nothing around the back of the ear - does that help?

    I have looked at the ones at Best Buy a few different times, but the problem is I can't open them and try them out. I'd need to buy them and then try them and return if I don't like. I was just curious if anyone else has smaller-ish ears and found one that works well.

    I"ll have to look into the costs, etc of customizable ones.

    Thanks for your help!
    If your looking for one without the ear hook that works well, pony up the cash and buy Bose. A little pricey but hands down one of the best fitted in ear bluetooths that I have ever used. The only drawback is that you have to choose which ear you want to use your bluetooth with and stick with it, since they are made different for each ear. Just my 2 cents, I have one and I use it time and again because it is just so comfortable, but I still prefer my old school Plantronic Voyager Pro+ the 6 hour battery life streaming audio is just great.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    nmburns's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Thanks again
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    nmburns's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernbrdn View Post
    If your looking for one without the ear hook that works well, pony up the cash and buy Bose. A little pricey but hands down one of the best fitted in ear bluetooths that I have ever used. The only drawback is that you have to choose which ear you want to use your bluetooth with and stick with it, since they are made different for each ear. Just my 2 cents, I have one and I use it time and again because it is just so comfortable, but I still prefer my old school Plantronic Voyager Pro+ the 6 hour battery life streaming audio is just great.
    Hmmm, maybe I'll have to take a look at the Bose... I've seen them in the store, but cringed at the $150 price tag.. ugh... Are the ear tips round or are they more oblong-ish? I've noticed that I don't fare well with the round ones...
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    nmburns's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: Bluetooth suggestions for small ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    You are very welcome. Best of luck and if I run across anything that might help you I will post back to let you know.
    You rock

Similar Threads

  1. Best Stereo Bluetooth Headset for iPhone 3GS?
    By ptb6744#im in forum Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
  2. Bluetooth Headset for iPhone 3G
    By Mugunth in forum Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 02:19 PM
  3. Suggestions for heat please
    By shutter in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 11:46 PM
  4. Bluetooth speakers for 3.0?
    By macphotographytips in forum Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 05:58 PM
  5. Suggestion for the forum?
    By Dooks88 in forum iMore.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

B