[iPhone 5] Glass screen protector...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Which glass screen protector do you prefer and which one would work best with an Otterbox Defender with the built-in screen protector removed?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I suspect at $30 a pop, most people have only tried one brand. There are a lot available now - even Radio Shack has its own glass scree protectors for the iPhone.

That being said, I'm currently using the Spigen GlasT. (Not the R.) My only complaint is that it's too thick to use my OlloClip. But I suspect they're all like that.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I suspect at $30 a pop, most people have only tried one brand. There are a lot available now - even Radio Shack has its own glass scree protectors for the iPhone.

That being said, I'm currently using the Spigen GlasT. (Not the R.) My only complaint is that it's too thick to use my OlloClip. But I suspect they're all like that.

Watched some vids today and the Bodyguardz looks thinner than the rest. Might have to give that one a shot. I've seen a few posts about people using the Glas.t with the Defender though.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It feels smoother than the actual bare glass to me

Nice. And I hear it's also just as clear as the ultra clear. Might pick a couple packs up. These Belkins aren't horrible though. Nothing compares to an anti-glare from power support as far as smudges and prints go so maybe I should just stick with what I got. Lol

LaDon08

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Nice. And I hear it's also just as clear as the ultra clear. Might pick a couple packs up. These Belkins aren't horrible though. Nothing compares to an anti-glare from power support as far as smudges and prints go so maybe I should just stick with what I got. Lol

I haven't used the ultra clear in a long time and never on the ip5, but if you are good at protector installation, it looks like nothing is there. You won't be disappointed.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Zagg shields and the Powersupport sheild, but the Bodygaurdz "Pure"glass shield is definitely the best protector yet! Feels like the screen and few smudge problems. (I don't use the Home Button cover and it's just fine--careful: that thing is dang near impossible to remove if you don't like how it sticks out etc.)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Zagg shields and the Powersupport sheild, but the Bodygaurdz "Pure"glass shield is definitely the best protector yet! Feels like the screen and few smudge problems. (I don't use the Home Button cover and it's just fine--careful: that thing is dang near impossible to remove if you don't like how it sticks out etc.)

That's great to see. I think I've seen on a few YouTube vids that it's not bad without the home button cover too!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the bodyguardz. Perfect install as far as lint inclusion goes but ever so slightly off center but still good. Crystal clear and is finger print resistant. I really like it thus far. I need to find some cheap rear protection now though.

Also put on the home button cover.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I chose not to install the home button cover this time. They are cute, but not necessary, and a bear to remove.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ive had the glas.tr for a number of months now (since week of tr launch). The oleophobic coating seems to have worn off as it is always smudged now. No scratches whatsoever though. Its crystal clear as the day I put i on.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Decisions, decisions. The Bodyguardz looks so strong and easy to apply but I don't want scratches. Oh wow, the smudges must be a pain but at least its not scratches. Is it strong? I see both have discounted replacements, the BG being a little cheaper but would it be more prone to needing replacing if you didn't want to deal with the scratches.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone face down while walking on the mezzanine at work and there were no scratches on my bodyguardz.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at the vid that Rene did at CES and he asked about scratching and the rep said it can. But you must have to do a lot to it. I like the easy install and it supposed to be really strong....ok so now I'm back at BG lol.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to be picking up an iloome or body guard one ,just bought my iPhone 5 at best buy and it's been 3 days and I already have a scratch! I baby all my devices and keep them mint For resale glad I payed the 14.99 for insurance

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh