iPhone 5 Cases: Protection vs. Looks

What type of case do you prefer?

• Super-Protection (i.e. LifeProof Case)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Reliable but stylish (i.e. Kalaideng ENGLAND series)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Any case.. as long as it looks good

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Just a screen protector

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

ohmygoodness

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
As I was ordering my new case last week, I was debating whether I should get a super protective case or just a regular stylish case.
Spending hours on Amazon.com trying to find the right item, I came across this item which at first seemed very fashionable, but as I read through the descriptions and saw more pictures, it seemed to do a decent job in protection. Here's the case that I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BMZYWH4

As of now, I'm highly satisfied with the case. And also its much cheaper than the protective cases that cost way over the budget.

What do you guys prefer?
1. A Super-Protective case (i.e. LifeProof Case)
2. A reliable but stylish case (i.e. Kalaideng ENGLAND Series)
3. Any case as long as it looks good

Let me hear your opinions so I can decide whether to get another case for my phone or not!
And I'll attach some pictures of the new case that I bought just incase anyone's interested..

England Brown Cover.jpg

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Seems for most it comes down to looks and appeal then protection.

$600 + device and some put a $2.00 case on it... Ya it may be something, but what will it protect you from, if anything.

For most, job requirements also establish what type of case they wish to use.

Some cases may look awesome, but in the long run you have to think on how will that case take an impact? Will it absorb any shock that may pass through to the phone?

If the answer is no in most of those questions, then your putting something on your device that will accomplish absolutely nothing...

ohmygoodness

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Seems for most it comes down to looks and appeal then protection.

$600 + device and some put a $2.00 case on it... Ya it may be something, but what will it protect you from, if anything.

For most, job requirements also establish what type of case they wish to use.

Some cases may look awesome, but in the long run you have to think on how will that case take an impact? Will it absorb any shock that may pass through to the phone?

If the answer is no in most of those questions, then your putting something on your device that will accomplish absolutely nothing...

Yeah I agree with you on the protection. BUT I feel like there was no point it buying a thin, stylish phone, if I'm just gonna put a big fat case around it.. There's only a slight chance that I'm gonna damage the phone in such harsh way. I think my case does a good enough job where it'll protect the phone even if I drop it with a moderate impact.

So far the Kalaideng England case is doing that for me. It has good looks and at the same time it gives me some protection.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I used to buy cases for style. But now I need a heavy duty case to keep my device safe. I have the Griffin Survivor case and it protects my phone from drops and dust. It gives me a peace of mind to know that my phone is fully protected.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I always go for something that gives both. This is why I'm such a fan of the Tech21 series. You can also get away with a lot less if you use any of the new glass screen protectors that are around. Right now I have a Glast with a Graft bumper case. Looks fantastic, and I'm not worried about dropping it.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My thought is the phone looks awesome without the case but I am too chicken to roll naked. If you are gonna get a case then get one that will do the job. I vote protection that looks good.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
+1, Phreddyl. I don't cover my iPhone but I'm very careful with it, however, if I was gonna take the time to cover it, I think I'd do it for protective purposes first.

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Personally I go naked unless going out drinking, then I slap my otterbox on it. I have applecare+ so if I break one it isn't a huge deal (only $50 to replace) but if that happens once then I'll probably start using a case depending how close to an upgrade I am since you only get two replacements.

This phone is too sexy to not show off...

Reis1486

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm the same way I like to show off the iPhone every chance I get but I also like to use a case whenever I'm doing something that requires me not to put a my attention on not dropping my pride and joy...

Plain and simple

If I'm going naked-

I use "The Snugg" depressed brown leather sleeve. Simple cheap and I don't feel to bad at 12$ on amazon replacing it if I put it down somewhere and can't find it....

if I'm using a Case-

There's no other choice other than the Pad and Quill Little Black Book for me.. I like the style of the wallet/phone case. It feels like a mans case and at the same time makes it very easy to pull my phone out and throw on my dock with ease....

Lifeproof would be the only other choice...

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Put a Griffin Survivor on my phone. My daughter was trying to get my attention and accidentally knocked it out of my hand. It fell to the floor hard and bounced. Love that I have such a protective case on it. This came a day after I just got my phone replaced.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk