iPhone Hard or Silicone Case, which is better?

mem_in

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting an iPhone case but is there anyone who knows whether a silicone case is better or a hard case? Will the hard case protect the iPhone if it drops? Or will silicone be better. Also does silicone catch lint and dirt more easily than the hard plastic case? Let me know through your experience or preference which would be better. I'm thinking either one of below at bareprice.com

1210007.jpg
1210016.jpg

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting an iPhone case but is there anyone who knows whether a silicone case is better or a hard case? Will the hard case protect the iPhone if it drops? Or will silicone be better. Also does silicone catch lint and dirt more easily than the hard plastic case? Let me know through your experience or preference which would be better. I'm thinking either one of below at bareprice.com

http://www.bareprice.com/media/cata...537051a7b3f8bac0e1d813753d9cc/1/2/1210007.jpghttp://www.bareprice.com/media/cata...537051a7b3f8bac0e1d813753d9cc/1/2/1210016.jpg

Both will provide the same amount of protection. Just being a clip on cover like that doesn't provide much protection at all. If you're looking for something to cover and prevent scratches on the back and sides, this is great. This type of case won't provide much drop protection

If you're looking for drop protection, check out OtterBox. They have multiple styles available for different protection levels.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Last edited:

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Both will provide the same amount of protection. Just being a clip on cover like that doesn't provide much protection at all. If you're looking for something to cover and prevent scratches on the back and sides, this is great. This type of case won't provide much drop protection

If you're looking for drop protection, check out OtterBox. They have multiple styles available for different protection levels.