iPhone 5 Tech21 Impact Mesh Case Review

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Lol! Always trying new cases. In fact the Tech 21 didn't work for me. Too wide IMO.

Funny you brought this up I felt the same way after time. It was a bit wide for me and I ended up using a zoogue. Perfect fit and having AC+ I don't need a bulky case.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's not super thin...but I'll tell you what...it has been through some nasty drops on concrete and ceramic time...held up perfectly.

Whatever the material is...it sure disperses the impact of energy.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's not super thin...but I'll tell you what...it has been through some nasty drops on concrete and ceramic time...held up perfectly.

Whatever the material is...it sure disperses the impact of energy.

I agree with ya 110%! Mine dropped face down on concrete about a 4 ft drop and didn't leave a mark! I'm back using mine! Nothing beats the look/ feel/ protection of the tech 21!

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
After 3 or 4 months with the clear impact mesh the back and sides started to turn greenish blue. The back of my phone looked splotchy and i switched back to my old case mate case. I got the clear tech21 case bc i really liied the orange accents and was hoping they would release an all orange case similsr to their iphone 4 version.

I got the blue mesh case today from the apple store. I wasnt sure about it bc itlooked baby blue, but on my black i5 it looks like a darker sapphire blue. Very nice.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
After 3 or 4 months with the clear impact mesh the back and sides started to turn greenish blue. The back of my phone looked splotchy and i switched back to my old case mate case. I got the clear tech21 case bc i really liied the orange accents and was hoping they would release an all orange case similsr to their iphone 4 version.

I got the blue mesh case today from the apple store. I wasnt sure about it bc itlooked baby blue, but on my black i5 it looks like a darker sapphire blue. Very nice.

Can you post pics with the case on the phone?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
On yesterday I picked up a clear Impact Mesh for my white 5. Has anyone experienced a slight bubbling in the corner for your screen protector? I see it, can reposition the case then it goes away but it seems to always come back.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The Tech21 cases don't fit well over most screen protectors. I'm sure the new ones that they've just release work great with their cases. Have not had a chance yet to try them out.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if I have a new one. It's one of the ones with the extra support on the bottom between the headphone jack & lighting port and lightning port & speaker.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually meant the new screen protectors they just released. Like the Spigen Glast.

Gotcha. Definitely not using one of those. Using the Belkin iris anti glare SPs that the Apple Store now sells. It's not too bad though and I love the case!!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Very nice case! I like barely there cases but that one is very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro