OtterBox Armor?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It looks awesome. I won't, however, be getting one. I don't need the waterproof feature. My Defender is slim and keeps my iPhone plenty protected with what I throw at it.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

miah84

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I might give it a try after its been out for a little bit and see some reviews. I'm interested in the dust free part, my defender just doesn't cut it in that department plus I like the waterproof part too if not just for the ability to be able to give my phone a quick rinse (I work in a very dusty environment a coal burning power plant plus I'm constantly outside doing man activities which are usually dirty)

I originally was going to get a lifeproof but with all the negative reviews I decided against it.

I wonder if the armor series comes with a clip anyone know?

*edit* answered my own question at the bottom it says no holster. Kinda a bummer but I guess you can't have it all.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I really like the look of it. And it seems indestructible which makes it attractive. But it is really expensive at $99. And I have the Defender case now and it seems to be all that I need. Maybe when I get the iPhone 6 I will spring for one of these. Until then, the Defender will suffice.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably going to give it a try for curiosity's sake. Helps that I get a 40% off accessory discount at work. I think it would be convenient for those times when I want the phone to be more protected. I have a CandyShell Grip by Speck (actually, I have three :p) for everyday use. With the hinges on the side of the Armor, it looks like you can take the phone in and out of the case as much as you want.

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
What worries me is the durability of the silicone plugs. Otterbox has a reputation of the silicone/rubber stretching. I really like lifeproofs design how it kind of latches rather than being flimsy silicone.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What worries me is the durability of the silicone plugs. Otterbox has a reputation of the silicone/rubber stretching. I really like lifeproofs design how it kind of latches rather than being flimsy silicone.

The silicone seems thicker and more durable. I don't see it stretching.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I actually kind of like the bulk. Bulk equates drop protection, a lot of the time. The water protection is a bonus. Plus I love the feel of an OtterBox Defender. I had one but gave it to my friend because I couldn't stand the dust under the screen protector.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
this case is HUGGGGGEEEEE, theres no way i'd carry that thing around and of course if you wrap anything in a brick its gonna protect it. lifeproof all the way for me!!!

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
LifeProof has too many bad reviews for me to try it. Almost every single owner of the LifeProof for the 5 says that their speakers are pretty much made useless and that they get horrific echoes and such. I'm waiting to see if the Armor is any different.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my LP for about a month now and I haven't had any issues. I know the first release had some issues but they have been fixed and once again I find it to be the sleekest most protective case and I wouldn't really look at any other brand.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have heard about one or two stories like yours but for every one of those there are ten or more with problems, even those purchases recently that have supposedly had the earlier issues fixed.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I've heard of lots of happy customers including my wife my brother in law a couple mates from work who all have a 5 in a LP but hey if your not keen to try the best case on the market who am I to try and prove you wrong.

miah84

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Looking at that armor series that thing is way to thick to be a daily driver. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and get a lifeproof. I really wish they would include a clip. $30 for a clip is kinda outrageous.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I am just basing my opinion of the LifeProof from Best Buy's website reviews and my friends personal experiences. One of my best friends had to remove his because no one, including me, could hear him on the phone. I still use my iPhone as a phone, so I can't have it unable to make phone calls.

I won't use the Armor all the time but would love to have a case to take camping and on my stepbrother's pontoon boat and to the beach this summer.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you should base your opinion on your own experience.

#justsayin

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I don't have $80.00 to drop on a case that may or may not work, especially if I have to take off my screen protector that I have now (which is absolute hell to reinstall properly, although it can be done). :)

Going to examine the Armor when I get to work today, provided the truck came in when it was supposed to. I'll take some pictures.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I've heard of lots of happy customers including my wife my brother in law a couple mates from work who all have a 5 in a LP but hey if your not keen to try the best case on the market who am I to try and prove you wrong.

Add me and my husband to your list of people that love the lifeproof for the 5 and wouldn't trade it for any case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711