Could you help me choosing between those tough cases for iphone 5 :
    -Griffin Survivor
    -I5CQ Tank
    -Ballistic HC Survival
    -G-Form Xtreme (with Glas tR or HughU)

I do not need a fully waterproof case.
    Thanks
    01-20-2013 01:24 PM
    Have a look around the Accessories forum (where this thread is now located). You might even try searching here for those specific cases to see what people have said.
    01-20-2013 03:51 PM
    Of those I've had the survivor and the ballistic hc...between those two I'd say survivor without a doubt. The only drawback is the belt clip takes some getting used to but as far as protection from drops and dust I can't see how it can get much better. Defender isn't even in the same class as far as I'm concerned...otterbox is over rated.
    01-20-2013 07:50 PM
    Life Proof nuf said
    Cleveland, phreddyl, Exxod and 1 others like this.
    01-20-2013 07:59 PM
    He already pretty much ruled out lifeproof, so that post was pointless. You drop your phone in a lifeproof, I'll drop mine in my survivor and let's see what happens. Lol. I've had the lifeproof...it's only good for certain things and drops ain't one of em.
    anon(1458) likes this.
    01-20-2013 08:00 PM
    yeah that's what I've figured out both for otterbox and life proof plus when I need waterproof I'll take the hitcase
    OR the new otterbox armor series coming out next 02.22 ? Might have they improved ?
    thanks a lot for your answers
    01-21-2013 03:56 AM
    I personally like RokForm V3 case with zagg screen protector. Videos on drop test and running over with truck and cool mounts. Like bike, magnetic, tripod , golf and other cool things per website.
    http://www.rokform.com/
    01-21-2013 05:08 AM
    Had the survivor and loved it! You should give it a try
    01-21-2013 05:34 AM

Don't work for RokForm but I think they are the best. I have had ottorbox and uncommon. This has the protection without the bulk.

Old video link fuzion version not out for iphone 5 yet

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-21-2013 05:43 AM
    rockform looks good, but like otterbox : no covers for lenses, microphones and plugs – definitely not for hard hiking in high and/or muddy places (should've mentioned that from the start, huh)
    01-21-2013 09:15 AM
    Keeping my OtterBox for now till the Taktik 5 drops.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-2013 10:44 AM
    Keeping my OtterBox Defender for now till the Taktik 5 drops. Which I hope is soon. 😉

Bah, double post. Sorry.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-2013 10:45 AM
    Taptik 5 should be available for pre-order this week. Kickstarter backers will get their orders filled first, then pre-orders, they hope to have them all out by the end of February.

I use an Otterbox Defender, which I've been pretty happy with. But I'll buy the Taktik Extreme as soon as it's available for the 5.
    01-21-2013 01:58 PM
    This Taktik Extreme looks great but it seems that it's not covering the camera lense, is it ?

In any case I'd still hesitate between this one and the I5CQ Tank. What do you think ?

Of course Hitcase seems the ultimate but also restraining one.
    Last edited by 5enohpi; 01-21-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    01-21-2013 03:59 PM
    Had the survivor and loved it! You should give it a try
    I just returned my Otterbox Defender for the Griffin Survivor and I like the survivor better. It fits better and protects against dust. Plus it was cheaper.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-23-2013 02:21 AM
    Already returning my Taktik 5 for a refund. Not comfortable to hold, oil slicks on the Gorilla Glass, and their customer service sucks. Back to Otterbox for me!

Follow me on the Twitter! @_jorts
    02-23-2013 08:38 AM
    I just returned my Otterbox Defender for the Griffin Survivor and I like the survivor better. It fits better and protects against dust. Plus it was cheaper.
    Told ya!

Looks cooler too
    02-23-2013 09:00 AM
    Told ya!

Looks cooler too
    Lol. I'm still getting used to the way it looks. The Otterbox Defender was a good looking case. I really like the responsiveness if the home button. It really does feel like I can chuck this thing across the room and nothing will happen. I also like that I can just take the screen protector off without taking the whole case apart. So far it has been a great recommendation. Thank you.

02-23-2013 04:09 PM
    He already pretty much ruled out lifeproof, so that post was pointless. You drop your phone in a lifeproof, I'll drop mine in my survivor and let's see what happens. Lol. I've had the lifeproof...it's only good for certain things and drops ain't one of em.
    I have dropped my phone PLENTY of times with my lifeproof and hold up just fine.
    02-23-2013 06:40 PM
    I have dropped my phone PLENTY of times with my lifeproof and hold up just fine.
    Cool
    02-23-2013 07:18 PM
    How is the screen protector on the LP? I heard it wasn't the greatest.

02-23-2013 08:24 PM
    How is the screen protector on the LP? I heard it wasn't the greatest.

It's not bad. There is some air/space between screen and phone. Can't tell though when using the phone. It's very responsive. It more noticeable when in sleep mode.
    02-23-2013 08:27 PM
    It's not bad. There is some air/space between screen and phone. Can't tell though when using the phone. It's very responsive. It more noticeable when in sleep mode.
    I saw some videos of the LP case and there seems to be a problem with the responsiveness of the screen protector. The one reviewer had a tough time texting with it. Has this been addressed?

02-24-2013 05:32 AM
    I saw some videos of the LP case and there seems to be a problem with the responsiveness of the screen protector. The one reviewer had a tough time texting with it. Has this been addressed?

That was with first gen cases. The new ones are fine.
    02-24-2013 06:32 AM
    That was with first gen cases. The new ones are fine.
    Awesome that they fixed them.

02-24-2013 08:12 AM
39 12