-I5CQ Tank
-Ballistic HC Survival
-G-Form Xtreme (with Glas tR or HughU)

I do not need a fully waterproof case.
Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have a look around the Accessories forum (where this thread is now located). You might even try searching here for those specific cases to see what people have said.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Of those I've had the survivor and the ballistic hc...between those two I'd say survivor without a doubt. The only drawback is the belt clip takes some getting used to but as far as protection from drops and dust I can't see how it can get much better. Defender isn't even in the same class as far as I'm concerned...otterbox is over rated.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
He already pretty much ruled out lifeproof, so that post was pointless. You drop your phone in a lifeproof, I'll drop mine in my survivor and let's see what happens. Lol. I've had the lifeproof...it's only good for certain things and drops ain't one of em.

5enohpi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
yeah that's what I've figured out both for otterbox and life proof ?plus when I need waterproof I'll take the hitcase
?OR the new otterbox armor series coming out next 02.22 ? ? Might have they improved ?
thanks a lot for your answers

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
ymubymyp.jpg
de5uzuvu.jpg

Don't work for RokForm but I think they are the best. I have had ottorbox and uncommon. This has the protection without the bulk.

Old video link fuzion version not out for iphone 5 yet
http://youtu.be/EkCgrfr9pig

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

5enohpi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
rockform looks good, but like otterbox : no covers for lenses, microphones and plugs – definitely not for hard hiking in high and/or muddy places (should've mentioned that from the start, huh)

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Keeping my OtterBox for now till the Taktik 5 drops.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk 2

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Keeping my OtterBox Defender for now till the Taktik 5 drops. Which I hope is soon. 😉

Bah, double post. Sorry.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk 2

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Taptik 5 should be available for pre-order this week. Kickstarter backers will get their orders filled first, then pre-orders, they hope to have them all out by the end of February.

I use an Otterbox Defender, which I've been pretty happy with. But I'll buy the Taktik Extreme as soon as it's available for the 5.

5enohpi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
This Taktik Extreme looks great but it seems that it's not covering the camera lense, is it ?

In any case I'd still hesitate between this one and the I5CQ Tank. What do you think ?

Of course Hitcase seems the ultimate but also restraining one.

Last edited:

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Already returning my Taktik 5 for a refund. Not comfortable to hold, oil slicks on the Gorilla Glass, and their customer service sucks. Back to Otterbox for me!

Follow me on the Twitter! @_jorts

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Told ya!

Looks cooler too :)

Lol. I'm still getting used to the way it looks. The Otterbox Defender was a good looking case. I really like the responsiveness if the home button. It really does feel like I can chuck this thing across the room and nothing will happen. I also like that I can just take the screen protector off without taking the whole case apart. So far it has been a great recommendation. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
He already pretty much ruled out lifeproof, so that post was pointless. You drop your phone in a lifeproof, I'll drop mine in my survivor and let's see what happens. Lol. I've had the lifeproof...it's only good for certain things and drops ain't one of em.

I have dropped my phone PLENTY of times with my lifeproof and hold up just fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2