Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Best tough case ? - iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I just returned my Otterbox Defender for the Griffin Survivor and I like the survivor better. It fits better and protects against dust. Plus it was cheaper.
    After using so many different cases, as far as the OB defender goes compared to the Griffin Survivor....I'd pick the griffin survivor over the OB defender any day IF I was to use a case of that structure ever again I feel it is made better IMHO. The belt clip it comes with though is really cheesy compared to the defenders belt clip, but I never did use them(belt clips) anyway.
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Best tough case ? - iPhone 5

I am starting to have issues with the screen protector. It isn't responsive at the very top or bottom of the screen.
    Joe Hartman likes this.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Best tough case ? - iPhone 5

Was able to figure out what the problem was. The top of the case wasn't firmly snapped in. Everything seems to be fine now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    hydrogen3 (05-02-2013)
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Some of the cases mentioned here have a hefty price tag...Not sure I would spend $100.00 or more on a case. I thought $60.00 for the otter box defender was a bit excessive.. I did purchase one and use it. I have a docking station/clock radio and can not use it for the defender case...Shame really I like the docking station/clock radio...
    "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them".
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

I happen to come across a Griffin Survivor for $10 as a open box buy. It does what it does very well but I took it off after a day because of the thickness of it. It was just too bulky for my liking. It is a superb case for the protection but it just ruins the experience of having an iPhone 5. It felt more like I was using my old 4, and that's fine but then why did I buy a 5? I plan to use it when I go to places where the extra protection is needed however so it wasn't a total loss. I am just glad I didn't spend the $50-100 on the case or I would have been really disappointed.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodville View Post
    I happen to come across a Griffin Survivor for $10 as a open box buy. It does what it does very well but I took it off after a day because of the thickness of it. It was just too bulky for my liking. It is a superb case for the protection but it just ruins the experience of having an iPhone 5. It felt more like I was using my old 4, and that's fine but then why did I buy a 5? I plan to use it when I go to places where the extra protection is needed however so it wasn't a total loss. I am just glad I didn't spend the $50-100 on the case or I would have been really disappointed.
    It's only $35 brand new at any Walmart, not $50-$100.

Global Posts
    2,702 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogen3 View Post
    Some of the cases mentioned here have a hefty price tag...Not sure I would spend $100.00 or more on a case. I thought $60.00 for the otter box defender was a bit excessive.. I did purchase one and use it. I have a docking station/clock radio and can not use it for the defender case...Shame really I like the docking station/clock radio...
    I know good cases are more expensive but I would rather spend $80 once and not worry about my phone instead of having 3 or 4 $30 cases.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    It's only $35 brand new at any Walmart, not $50-$100.
    My apologies. But I was referring to not only the survivor (I was over $20 on that one sorry) but also the Otter Box Defender that is roughly $50 but the Life Proof that is selling at around $100. as all three cases are about the same thickness. I would have been upset if I would have bought the Life Proof and not be able to use it on a daily basis. But again I am sorry if I get any of the prices wrong as they are just estimates.

Global Posts
    2,702 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Rodville View Post
    My apologies. But I was referring to not only the survivor (I was over $20 on that one sorry) but also the Otter Box Defender that is roughly $50 but the Life Proof that is selling at around $100. as all three cases are about the same thickness. I would have been upset if I would have bought the Life Proof and not be able to use it on a daily basis. But again I am sorry if I get any of the prices wrong as they are just estimates.
    I use my lifeproof on a daily basis. It's the only case I have/use.

Global Posts
    15,527 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Otterbox defender or Armor....

Armor has 2 ton crush pressure.... Think that's as tough as it gets, but a bit bulky....
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Expert

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Any one tried/used the for the Iphone? I'm on the verge of purchasing a Life proof case. I read a lot of bad reviews.. The Hit case looks interesting
    "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them".
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    Was able to figure out what the problem was. The top of the case wasn't firmly snapped in. Everything seems to be fine now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    I take it you have a LP case? do you recommend?
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogen3 View Post
    I take it you have a LP case? do you recommend?
    I don't have the Lifeproof case. I read some bad reviews about it so I didn't feel the need to drop that kind of cash just to be disappointed.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I pulled the trigger and purchased a "LifeProof" case w/belt clip, Orange&black.. The sound quality is great no issues there and no touch screen issues..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12