Lifeproof customer service

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have to give some kudos to lifeproof.
I bought a Fre for iphone 5 from Amazon which is not an authorized seller and uses third party sellers which are also not authorized sellers.
I called the customer service line and they will take back my case, which is a second generation and has the pillowing effect on the top and bottom portions of the screen.
I am pretty sure that it is authentic. They will check it, and if it is an authentic case, will replace it. If it is not, they will return my case.
I don't think they are obligated to do this since it is not from an authorized seller, so I would like to thank them.

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
That is very nice of Lifeproof! I am waiting for a response on a pillowing screen problem and have heard that they honor the 360-5 warranty that I signed up for!

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That really is pretty good. I've been thinking about grabbing a Lifeproof for my phone and this pretty much put me over the top.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was feeling good about this also.
I bought the case on Amazon because I had a gift card. I knew they were not authorized, but $25 off was enough incentive.
I think the case was a second gen as it was pretty good except for the pillowing effect on the screen.
The only difference about an authorized dealer is that they will send you a new case right away, then you have to return your defective one.
I had to send mine back first and the expected wait time for a new one is 2-3 weeks. They said they had to inspect mine to make sure it was authentic.
That being said, the worst case scenario is that they return my case without replacement and I'm out $6 for the shipping.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Update, lifeproof sent me a replacement, though I bought it from a non authorized dealer.
Does not look like a 3rd gen but the screen works a lot better with just minimal pillowing on the top.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
OK, the case they sent me is not the newest gen and still has issues re pillowing at the top and sound is not that great either, I called them and they are sending a new one. The rep said it should be the latest version, since stock is out of the prior ones(they should just burn those)
Anyway, the service is good, wait time was about 10 min and this time they are sending me one first and I will return the one I have after getting the new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2