Which iPhone 5 case is the thinnest?

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I am. A fan of Spigen's Ultra Thin Air paired with the GLAS.t Slim protector. I have had a couple of spills on tile flooring and a car accident that sent the iPhone 5 flying across the cabin with NO incidents. When I land that iPad, Spigen will be covering it too.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, just got my new case via a Kickstarter project:

The AL13 Ultrathin Aluminum Bumper! Here's the site: designed by m ? Blog Archive ? AL13 Ultra-thin Aluminum Bumper

Pros: very thin, feels as close to the naked 5 as I've come across. Looks very cool. Cut-out on bottom is nice and wide and my 5 goes on my ProClip car mount with the built-in Lightning cable attachment just fine--whew! that was my biggest worry! The case also has no problem with my Bodygaurdz "Pure" screen protector and my Zagg shield on the back of the phone.

Cons: I ordered the Black color, but it's a tad off and slightly "gun metal" in finish. Not a deal breaker, but would've liked a darker black.
Also, the aluminum case cuts the signal a bit. My Sprint signal goes down one bar. Haven't had the case but a few hours, so don't know if that's a long-term problem. Will check back if it is.
The cut-outs for buttons are a tad deep compared to some other cases; the volume buttons might get to be a pain if trying to adjust while the phone is in my pocket (I do that a lot while in my gym and on walks outside in colder weather)--this could get to be a pain in the long run--we'll see.

But, like I said, feels and looks fantastic! Will post a follow up if the cons outweigh the pros in down the road.

Loony4Fruit

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hands down the thinnest case I've ever seen is the Caudabe Veil. Couldn't find it at Best Buy, so I picked it up on Amazon. I got the frost version which is like a matte translucent. I kid you not, but you can barely even tell a case is on. And it protects pretty well for what it is. Fantastic quality.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I think you'll like them! Just be aware that on the amazon site they look like they're pure black. In reality, the polycarbonate is a dark charcoal gray while the aluminum is a dark brownish-black. Very subtle but adds a bit of style.

Ok thanks. Looking forward to them. Ordered the wife a green one for her white i5 and me a black one .

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I think you'll like them! Just be aware that on the amazon site they look like they're pure black. In reality, the polycarbonate is a dark charcoal gray while the aluminum is a dark brownish-black. Very subtle but adds a bit of style.

What's the difference between the matrix and the reg outfit case?

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I use the Incipio Frequency and love it. It's quite thin and rubbery, protects really well I've dropped my iPhone 5 a few times from a good height and it barely adds any bulk.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1367762673.308289.jpg

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Switcheasy Nude
Capdase Pearl
Switcheasy Lanyard

By far, the thinnest cases I've used so far, and great in design and colours. You can check you channel/website for a review (in signature) if you like.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234