Which iPhone 5 case is the thinnest?

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Spigen line is awesome

The Spigen models look great; however, some reviewers there complain about the "loose fit" on the iPhone 5 and that the color isn't as good as the photos. Therefore, do you have any of the the bumper models with the metallic finish such as the "Linear EX Slim Metal" or the "Neo Hybrid EX Slim Metal"? The "Metal Slate" color looks the best to me, but they're out of stock, it seems.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but even if good on protection, the clear model still has orange sides?! WTF?! Too thick, anyway.

I know but I have the smoked so the orange sides are not as noticeable. The case is not that thick really. I rotate between this and the zoogue. Also use the belkin candy sheer also.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Zagg Perimeter

FYI: I just received the ZAGG Perimeter bumper case for my iPhone 5 today.

This product seems like it's just something ZAGG developed quickly to push out to catch the iPhone 5 wave etc. Specifically, the volume buttons are small and poorly designed, providing poor tactile feedback; user experience is lousy etc. Disappointing and I will be returning it immediately. The rest of it is OK and seems to cover the edges well.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Spigen NEO Hybrid EX Slim bumper case. (I have the Bodygaurdz PURE screen protector and a Zagg on the back and they work fine with this case.)

The case is very nice--with my black iPhone 5, the "Metal Slate" color looks very close to the phone's color and blends in well.

Is it thin? Yes, but not super thin like I'm looking for. It feels very nice but not as nice as the metal of a naked 5 or, perhaps, a metal bumper case.

The problems I've had are due to the bottom ports: I have a PROCLIP in my car with Lightening charging cable and I had to file away parts of the case's charge port and then color the marks with a gray Sharpie pen (yes, a bit OCD, thank you very much!). I also had to file and make the headphone jack bigger because my Westone earphones and my over-the-ear headphones have plugs with a base with a diameter that's too large. All are working now, however.

I'm still looking for a metal bumper that's very, very thin. There's a Kickstarter project claiming to fit my criteria and I've ordered one. If and when it becomes a reality, I'll let y'all know how well it works as far as THIN and FEELS CLOSE TO NAKED goes!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This is probably a great place to ask my question, rather than starting a new thread on the issue.

I'm looking for a thin case that has the following criteria.
- Must cover the back and all sides, including top and bottom, with cut outs or rubber 'over buttons' where applicable.
- Must have a slight (and I mean slight) lip on the front and not intrude too much onto the phone face.
- Needs to be thin but must offer as much protection as it can (yes, it's an oxymoron, I realise)

I have an Incipio Dual Pro case and whilst it has great protection, it is too deep (half an inch) and the lip on the front is too much for me. Coupled with the fact that the silicone inner case is very flexible and lint gets trapped underneath it and the rubber volume buttons are sometimes difficult to locate by touch only. Ideally, i'd like a case that has the same dimensions except just not as deep and with slightly more protruding buttons on a slightly firmer silicone for ease of use. A dual layer case would be ideal.

Does anyone know of any cases that fit this criteria please?

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This is probably a great place to ask my question, rather than starting a new thread on the issue.

I'm looking for a thin case that has the following criteria.
- Must cover the back and all sides, including top and bottom, with cut outs or rubber 'over buttons' where applicable.
- Must have a slight (and I mean slight) lip on the front and not intrude too much onto the phone face.
- Needs to be thin but must offer as much protection as it can (yes, it's an oxymoron, I realise)

I have an Incipio Dual Pro case and whilst it has great protection, it is too deep (half an inch) and the lip on the front is too much for me. Coupled with the fact that the silicone inner case is very flexible and lint gets trapped underneath it and the rubber volume buttons are sometimes difficult to locate by touch only. Ideally, i'd like a case that has the same dimensions except just not as deep and with slightly more protruding buttons on a slightly firmer silicone for ease of use. A dual layer case would be ideal.

Does anyone know of any cases that fit this criteria please?

Much thinner than the Incipio is the Poetic Atmosphere, yet is is very sturdy compared to its thickness, back is a slightly frosted clear, so it looks great also.
It all depends on your taste for slim profile/protection/looks.
I also have the lifeproof and otterbox defender which are much thicker but provide more protection.
You may also want to check out the Speck Candyshell/flip cases

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Another prop for the Casemate Barely There... It's quite thin but still gives good protection. Has a rubber lining inside.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I wanted something very similar after sporting my iPhone naked for some time, I was between the incipio feather and the Rearth Ringke Slim. I ended up choosing the Rearth navy blue color with logo cut out. Why? Well I found that it's very close to having the phone naked, feels veery good in the hand and the color blends in perfectly with the "Black and slate" iPhone (didn't want any flashy color this time). They took some precautions with the case to provide protection to the phone despite it being so slim.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a kinda smoke grey transparent tech & go case from Walgreen's yesterday to hold me until my rear protectors arrive on Monday and I can see myself continuing to use it. Only cost 10 bucks too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234