Which iPhone 5 case is the thinnest?

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to get a case after several months of going naked...naked iPhone 5, that is. Apple has replaced my device twice due to defective power buttons and I've been able to "refresh" the device and the damage to the edges (I have screen protectors on the front and back). Now I'm thinking of getting some side and/or back protection because, as much as I LOVE the feel of the naked 5, I HATE the feel of the naked 5 with rough edges etc.

Therefore, I would prefer a metal bumper case that's really thin, if it exists and it doesn't interfere with the transmission signals. Does such a product exist?

Or a super thin case that only covers the sides and the back?

If no metal case is interference free, what are some other options (plastic, rubber, poly, etc.) that are barely there, just enough to protect against everyday bumps and bruises (not the catastrophic drops or run-overs etc.)?

Thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to get a case after several months of going naked...naked iPhone 5, that is. Apple has replaced my device twice due to defective power buttons and I've been able to "refresh" the device and the damage to the edges (I have screen protectors on the front and back). Now I'm thinking of getting some side and/or back protection because, as much as I LOVE the feel of the naked 5, I HATE the feel of the naked 5 with rough edges etc.

Therefore, I would prefer a metal bumper case that's really thin, if it exists and it doesn't interfere with the transmission signals. Does such a product exist?

Or a super thin case that only covers the sides and the back?

If no metal case is interference free, what are some other options (plastic, rubber, poly, etc.) that are barely there, just enough to protect against everyday bumps and bruises (not the catastrophic drops or run-overs etc.)?

Thanks!

The two that I am aware of (and I am sure there are others) are:

1. CaseMate Barely There
2. Incipio Feather

Both are back/sides cases that are incredibly thin. My iPhone 5 is naked, but I used both of these cases on my iPhone 4...

the1onlyjosh

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Zagg just released some metal numbers today. They had a link up on their twitter pages. As car as full cases switcheasy.com has the nude series which is only 1mm think. If I don't go nude I go with that case.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
+1 on the Incipio Feather, using one right now, actually adds better grip and feel to the phone and barely adds anything to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Zagg just released some metal numbers today. They had a link up on their twitter pages. As car as full cases switcheasy.com has the nude series which is only 1mm think. If I don't go nude I go with that case.

I saw the Zagg Perimeter on their web site and I'm intrigued; however, I didn't see any new metal cases/bumpers--can you direct me to them?

And thanks to everyone who chimed in--I have some good leads so far (but no Holy Grail just yet)!

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Elago S5 Slim Fit (with apple logo cutout), I've used them all and this is the best "thin" case IMO. $10.99 on Amazon.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got a case yesterday and its called the Spigen Linear Metal Ultra case yesterday. It provides side protection and has back protection. The back protection is clear hard plastic and the side protection is plastic metallic finish. Spigen makes some real nice products. They actually have a screen protector called the Glass.tr which is a piece of shatterproof glass that adheres to the phone.

The Spigen case also does not protrude from the front so, there is no edge to the phone. The costs for these cases vary from $20-$30.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got a case yesterday and its called the Spigen Linear Metal Ultra case yesterday. It provides side protection and has back protection. The back protection is clear hard plastic and the side protection is plastic metallic finish. Spigen makes some real nice products. They actually have a screen protector called the Glass.tr which is a piece of shatterproof glass that adheres to the phone.

The Spigen case also does not protrude from the front so, there is no edge to the phone. The costs for these cases vary from $20-$30.

Thanks everyone for more recommendations! I'm still not sure etc. Question for "tech_fan" on the Spigens: do the LInear Metal Ultra work if you don't use their back cover? In other words, would there be a gap without their back cover?

Again, I'm mostly interested in bumpers; so, does anyone know if the Spigen Neo Hybrid (I think they're called) would work with a third-party glass front protector (I already have a PowerSupport glass cover and a Bodyguardz on the way)?

Thanks and keep the ideas coming!

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Checkout zoogue.com I've got 2 of these cases and they are very low profile. Highly recommend.

Yes, I have one of those cases as it came free with my ZooGue iPad case (which is cool); the silicone or whatever it is and the serrated edges are annoying: the case won't stick to my MILO phone stand, for one thing. The case is too thick and the feel of the material is a bummer.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have one of those cases as it came free with my ZooGue iPad case (which is cool); the silicone or whatever it is and the serrated edges are annoying: the case won't stick to my MILO phone stand, for one thing. The case is too thick and the feel of the material is a bummer.

Also highly recommend the tech21 case! A little better protection very low profile!

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Also the tech 21 is great for protection and not much thicker than the zoogue. Dropped my phone about 4ft on concrete yesterday and the phone doesn't have a mark on it. And I use a zagg HD and a tech 21 case. Highly recommend.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Also the tech 21 is great for protection and not much thicker than the zoogue. Dropped my phone about 4ft on concrete yesterday and the phone doesn't have a mark on it. And I use a zagg HD and a tech 21 case. Highly recommend.

Thanks, but even if good on protection, the clear model still has orange sides?! WTF?! Too thick, anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711