Glass screen protectors

drewmarasco

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I have an iPhone 5, and am interested in all these glass screen protectors. I have never bought one before, and am interested to hear some opinions. Also, are their iPhone cases out there that are compatible with the glass screen protectors? Thanks!

Andrew

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
A whole bunch of new glass screen protectors were announced over the past few days at CES. Up to now I've only tried the Spigen GlassT. They are wonderful - feel lik no screen protector. They don't necessarily fit all cases.

The good news, some of the new glass screen protectors are being put out by companies that also make cases, like BodyGuardz and Tech21. You might want to wait a few weeks to see all the news coming out about them and then make your decision.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I too am intrigued. The one that I like the most is the Spigen Glass.tr. I did notice that there are some cases that do not fit the glass because it is thicker. With the Spigen Glass.tr it is curved glass and its one shot with the protector for application and that is it. For $40 I am a little scared of messing up and then eating the money.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I screwed up the first application I did with the Glastr. It was microscopically off, and then when I put a case on it bubbled. No re-do. Game over. I'm waiting a review sample of the competition from Tech21, which is supposed to allow multiple remove/replace. I'll let ya know.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Bodyguardz Pure and it's really great! It was relatively easy to put on; I screwed up a few times and was able to retry without too much trouble. I had a PowerSupport shield on it and that felt really nice (but not as good as a glass shield), but it was hell if you messed up on the first try. (I took it to a local Zagg kiosk and they put it on for me for a nominal fee.)

By the way, I did not like the feel of the Home Button cover that comes with the Bodygaurdz Pure, so I took it off. After just a day or so, I don't notice the slight difference in feel of the iPhone 5's Home button now that it's slightly recessed more than usual. If you try the fake button, I suggest you put it on before the shield and note that it is not easy to get off once the shield is on.

BodyGuardz? ScreenGuardz? Pure

oxydiom

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey people
I've searched a lot about a perfect glass screen protector. I need some review from people who own these products: Spigen glas.t, Spigen glas.tr and Bodyguardz Pure

There are a few points that I have seen after searching a lot about them:
1. Spigen glas.t tends to chip at it's sides. My question is that does it chip even if it's in a case? Spigen has a new deal which gives a case and a glas.t for 35$

2. Does spigen glas.tr chip too?

3. Is pure any better than spigen products?

Thanks I'm gonna order one of these tonight

PmmDan1310

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Alli do you have a review site? I would love to see some of your stuff and possibly have you review some of my new product. Let me know.
I screwed up the first application I did with the Glastr. It was microscopically off, and then when I put a case on it bubbled. No re-do. Game over. I'm waiting a review sample of the competition from Tech21, which is supposed to allow multiple remove/replace. I'll let ya know.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I can recommend Nillkin tempered glass. I have it on both my IPhone 5 and Sony Z1C and it's great. Perfect fit on both phones and perfect cut out for the home button on IPhone.

Skickat fr?n Tapatalk 2

PmmDan1310

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Oxydiom,

Glas.t is only .26 mm thick with unbeveled edges. That thickness is why people are noting the chipping. Additionally .26 mm is not enough to provide adequate impact protection. If you're only looking for scratch protection it will work fine but chipping will potentially still be an issue.

The glas.tr is .40 mm thick but features beveled edges. The process for creating beveled edges requires polishing them down. This creates micro fractures and also decreases the thickness around the edges. In side impact testing I've yet to find a beveled edge product that can survive a single 10 cm drop while attached to a weighted rig.

ScreenGuardz Pure by BodyGuardz is .40 mm thick with naturally healed edges. In frontal impact testing the average ball drop break height was nearly twice what a .32 mm product was with beveled edges. Pure is also chemically strengthened AFTER being cut which results in a stronger product.

I hope this helps and yes I'm a little biased but I have backed up my bias with actual research and 3rd party testing.
Hey people
I've searched a lot about a perfect glass screen protector. I need some review from people who own these products: Spigen glas.t, Spigen glas.tr and Bodyguardz Pure

There are a few points that I have seen after searching a lot about them:
1. Spigen glas.t tends to chip at it's sides. My question is that does it chip even if it's in a case? Spigen has a new deal which gives a case and a glas.t for 35$

2. Does spigen glas.tr chip too?

3. Is pure any better than spigen products?

Thanks I'm gonna order one of these tonight

PmmDan1310

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
so far ive tried so many of the glass screen protectors and i love them, the thinnest that ive used so far is made by belkin and i had no issues with any case except the diztronic tpu case which i tossed to the side for the commuter wallet case.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the Bodyguardz Pure for my 5 and absolutely LOVE it! Super-smooth and feels like nothing is on your phone and it doesn't show fingerprints or smudges like I thought it would!

I tried the home button sticker that came with it and it really made a difference. Always thought those things were for people who just want to "bling" out their phones or match their cases but they actually make the home button more accessible. ;)

The Bodyguardz works with all my cases.

Highly recommend!

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1400309840.517854.jpg

I just got the Bodyguardz Pure and it's really great! It was relatively easy to put on; I screwed up a few times and was able to retry without too much trouble. I had a PowerSupport shield on it and that felt really nice (but not as good as a glass shield), but it was hell if you messed up on the first try. (I took it to a local Zagg kiosk and they put it on for me for a nominal fee.)

By the way, I did not like the feel of the Home Button cover that comes with the Bodygaurdz Pure, so I took it off. After just a day or so, I don't notice the slight difference in feel of the iPhone 5's Home button now that it's slightly recessed more than usual. If you try the fake button, I suggest you put it on before the shield and note that it is not easy to get off once the shield is on.

BodyGuardz? ScreenGuardz? Pure

Oliver Telfor

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

Hi Alli,

If you still struggle with applications I have a good blog which should help you.

Blog - How to apply a screen protector in 5 minutes, or less.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox