Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Ipad 4th Generation Otterbox Defender Case worth buying? or not?

Hello,
    This is my first post here, and I'm looking to buy a new case, I got the ipad as a gift with an apple smart case, but currently I'm looking to change the case because I just think the apple case won't give much protection.
    How's the otterbox case? Are there any other better alternatives?

Global Posts
    15,818 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Default Ipad 4th Generation Otterbox Defender Case worth buying? or not?

I will let ya know soon... I heard good things about Otterbox and Griffin survivor case.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Ipad 4th Generation Otterbox Defender Case worth buying? or not?

The Otterbox Defender for iPad is an awesome case. If you look around the accessories forum, where this thread is now located, you'll see what others have to say. If you want to see what I have to say, you can find it here: http://justanothergeeksite.com/2012/...r-ipad-review/
    iPhone Nanite

My husband swears by the Griffen Survivor case. It is a bit more rugged than my Brookstone case with the keyboard. Since he is tough on things, it works great for him. The clip even broke on the back and Griffen sent him a new one with no questions asked. I know you can get the black ones online cheaper than in Best Buy.

If you are after a bluetooth keyboard, I love the Brookstone leather one. I can take out the keyboard whenever I want and it allows the flexability to move it to wherever I need it since it is removable. Before that I had the Versa Vue case. I really like that one also. It allowed for vertical and horizontal turning.

Good luck on your case journey!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

If you want to use a keyboard (which wasn't in the original post, but people seem to be assuming), then use the Otterbox, and get a bluetooth keyboard. The all in one keyboard cases are limiting in that with the majority you cannot switch portrait and landscape and if you want to play a game, the keyboard gets in your way.