Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New Trent Airbender clamshell ipad case (with keyboard) - anyone use it?

I have been contemplating getting a case w/ keyboard for my iPad. I have tossed around the pros and cons of things like the Kensington Keyfolio (with removable keyboard), with a pro being the removable keyboard, but a con being you can't rotate the ipad for a different viewing angle. The targus Versavu has the opposite problem - the ipad rotates, but the keyboard is attached (plus it seems really bulky).

I have come across the New Trent Airbender case - it is designed like a clamshell. The latch holding the iPad to the keyboard is detachable, so it is basically like a detachable keyboard. Plus, the latch has a rotating hinge, so you can rotate the case into any position. The only potential problems are the weight (no idea how it compares) and it isn't a "folio" style case (ie, I won't be carrying about a leather notepad holder or something).

Anyone else have one of these and want to share their thoughts?

Chris
    Please remember to like or thank posts that are useful, entertaining, or beneficial.

Twitter: @skeetobite | Google+: ChrisVitek | Game Center: DRSKEETO

Current Devices: iPad Air 128GB Wifi | iPhone 5S 64GB AT&T
    PDAs: Visor Deluxe | Visor Prism | Zire 72
    Phones: Treo 680 | iPhone 3G | iPhone 3GS | iPhone4 | iPhone 4S | iPhone 5
    Tablets: iPad 1 64GB AT&T | iPad 2 32GB Wifi | iPad 3 64GB Verizon LTE