Anyone try a generic lightning cable yet?

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Having both amazon cables die on me I happen to see that the pet shop my wife goes to finally started carrying lightning cables to go with the micro USB and the 30-pin iPhone cords. I picked one up last week for $3.95 (it comes in several colors) I have been using it for a week and so far so good. It seems to be built better than the amazon ones so here's hoping.

Sent from my Nokia 6185 using Tapatalk.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to check for sure to see when I bought it, but I have an Amazon Basics lightning cable I've been using for what seems like a couple months. It's only a little cheaper than the Apple cables at around $15, but the business part of the tip looks exactly like the Apple cable. I've been impressed with other Amazon Basics cables, so I felt it was worth a shot even if it only saved five bucks.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
About 3 weeks ago I purchased one of Griffins 9 foot cables. I have to say, I am indeed impressed with it. For 10 bucks more than the OEM ones from Apple, this thing is a monster. It's thicker than the OEM one which isn't bad at all, it makes it feel more durable. The ends of each aren't much bigger bigger than Apples either. I can fit the cable in my iPad which has an OtterBox Defender and in my mothers iPhone which also has an OtterBox defender. I definitely believe these are worth the money. Just my 2 cents.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I got one a few months ago. I've only used it a few times but it still works. I'm keeping it as a spare in case my 2 official cables crap out on me.

Jameel Mohamed

May 18, 2013
Visit site
The generic works.. i bought one in new york out of desperation because i did not have the original with me while there. It charges and syncs fine however after constant usage and repeated removal from my PC the USB part of the cable has now become frayed and is no longer syncing with itunes or but still charges the iphone.. computer wont recognize the device.I would not recommend buy a generic... not worth it. Go for geniune OEM creation cable.
:cool:

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The generic unbranded cable I had, stopped working during my vacation. Fortunately, I also carried the original cable. Won't buy a unbranded cable again.

Kate Sinclair

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Well i bought 3 from this guy so far its ok! After 3 weeks first one died. Still have 2 others but im very gentle with them..... They are really cheap and i guess u get what u paid for. $2.88

<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575017822&toolid=10001&campid=5337366476&customid&icep_item=300871094751&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg">Ebay cable</a>

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I've been using this Yugster cables for a little while now and the both charge and sync fine.
This is my short term update. Will let you know how it goes from here.

reacat

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I got one from Amazon by Belkin - supposedly even Apple sells it. Lightning also supposedly. Definitely wasn't lightning - if it charged at all. Found a comment that said if you have IOS 7, Apple has made it proprietary as it won't charge. Didn't matter where I plugged the USB in - sometimes it charged a very small bit, sometimes it didn't. i sent it back and am looking for an Apple cable.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a 30pin Griffin car charger that I used with my 4S. Just a few weeks ago I upgraded to the 5C and bought a 30pin-->lightning adapter to use on the Griffin car charger and it works just fine. I do only use apple chargers at home tho.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint lighting cable that's insanely long that works great on my 5S. I have a iFogz lighting that I use in the car. The only Apple lighting I have is the one that came with the phone.

I use a Sprint USB "nub" car charger thats worked with everything from a HTC EVO 3D to the 5S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2