Anyone try a generic lightning cable yet?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Got on on amazon for 8 bucks with prime... Two weeks later still works... Who knows how long it lasts?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought three cables from Amazon.com: USB lightning cable for iphone 5: Cell Phones & Accessories for $2.58. Also bought a 30 pin to lightning adapter Amazon.com: Generic Lightning to 30 pin Adapter High Quality for Apple iPhone 5 - OEM: Cell Phones & Accessories for $5.45. They are all working great. I wound up repeating the order so that I can keep cables everywhere.

They took a while to arrive from China, but I'm very happy so far.

The reviews from people are pretty mixed. Do you know what seller you got the first ones from?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Alli, have you noticed any difference in charging speed with the cable\adapter? Thanks

I bought three cables from Amazon.com: USB lightning cable for iphone 5: Cell Phones & Accessories for $2.58. Also bought a 30 pin to lightning adapter Amazon.com: Generic Lightning to 30 pin Adapter High Quality for Apple iPhone 5 - OEM: Cell Phones & Accessories for $5.45. They are all working great. I wound up repeating the order so that I can keep cables everywhere.

They took a while to arrive from China, but I'm very happy so far.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I ended up trying my luck with this generic cable from eBay https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...866686929%26globalID%3DEBAY-US&token=BVNxJ31O and I got it 2 days ago. I've charged in the car (not full charge) while running errands and I used it to fully charge overnight once and haven't had any issues with it except that a couple of times it gave me the this accessory is not supported and I just flipped the connecter piece over and it works again. For $4.92 from NJ I said why not

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just bought two of the cables from the link Alli posted. I will let you all know what I think when they get here.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought two different adapters on eBay and both work fine. The adapter with the pigtail fits with my LP Fre case on my IP5.