rooCASE Slim-Fit (Black) Folio Case Cover Review for iPad Mini

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope all those that bought the new iPad mini are enjoying it just as much as I am. This is my first tablet ever and I must say that it has been perfect for my needs, I am very pleased that Apple came out with this form factor. I am not here to talk about the iPad mini, rather I am going to give my thoughts on the case that I bought for it. Accessories are almost always a must when it comes to new devices, but you do not know always what to pick.

I found the rooCase Slim-Fit Folio Case Cover through Amazon.com and have been using it now for the past couple days. I must say for the price that I paid, I am very thrilled at the product I have received.

You can find the case available for purchase by following the link. rooCASE Slim-Fit (Black) Folio Case Cover for Apple iPad Mini

Now, I will say this case advertises a Sleep/Wake function, however I received an email stating the manufacturer knew it was defective and would be shipping out a new version very soon to me at no extra cost. At this point I cannot comment on that feature, but I will let you know when the new case arrives.

I love the slim factor of the case, it really adds very minimal bulk while adequately protecting the iPad. In my eyes it adds the right amount of bulk needed. One thing I will note as well is that the sleep/wake button is a *touch* hard to press, the one flap covers it every so slightly, but it is not a huge issue.

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

I was concerned about how well the iPad would retain in the case. I must say I was pleased to see that it was very secure in the case. I suspended it in the air over my bed, shook it around and it remained firmly in place.

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

The case allows you to view your iPad mini at 3 different viewing angles. I find the 2nd and 3rd angles to be the best myself.

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Honestly, for as little as this case costs ($6.98 with shipping) I was not expecting a whole lot. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well made the case was and how well it does securing my iPad mini in place. It has a soft lining on the inside to protect the screen and back and all ports/buttons are easily accessible (with the minor, minor exception to the sleep/wake button).

For under $10, you are getting a solid on the go case, that even has a hand strap so you can hold on to the case. I am extremely pleased and hope you find this review helpful as you possibly pick out a case for your new Mini!

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Great review, thanks!
Only question I have is do you have a screen or back protector on it? I am just curious if the case would fit with those....

Sent from my beautiful Vader iPhone 5

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Great review, thanks!
Only question I have is do you have a screen or back protector on it? I am just curious if the case would fit with those....

I currently do not have one on, however I have a protector for the front and back on the way. If I can get those on, I'll let you know.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I currently do not have one on, however I have a protector for the front and back on the way. If I can get those on, I'll let you know.

I haven't got to this yet, but I hope to soon.

On another note, I received the updated rooCase and the sleep/wake function works great.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Great review, thanks!

Well I put on the full Skinomi kit...the edges pushed up a bit when I put it into place. Otherwise it's a good fit...but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my rooCase. I got the updated version and the latch was broken, they are sending me a new one right now.

I have a second Skinomi kit to install...so I may wait to do it until I make a final decision.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234