LifeProof case now ready!

ferniesp

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought one from Best Buy yesterday. This thing cost me 86 bucks out the door. What a piece of junk!!!!!! The sound is just horrible! The touch is very sketchy. All the negative reviews regarding sound is spot on and consistent. I called Life Proof and talked to a girl named Stephenie. She said they are well aware of the sound problem and working on a fix. I say she was full of BS. Seriously folks, it's really bad when it comes to sound.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, the LifeProof I am using on my old 4 works great. The screen is as responsive as without the case. The sound is different. They turn the back of the case into a sound chamber. I think it works pretty good. I was just setting here in a noisy setting (break room at work, lots of people) and I could here just fine. Still better than my HTC Rezound.

Maybe the new case isnt as good as the old version??

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one who finds complaints about sound on a case that you can swim with or burry it in mud odd???

I got the original LifeProof case, not as a daily driver, but for those occasions when I need a tough case. I will get the LifeProof for the iP5 for the same type of use.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, i just got the lifeproof for the 5 and yes the sound sucks, not really the hearing people or talking but when you have your phone on sound all the sounds sound like crap, but i dont have any probs with the air pocket and i had one for my 4 and i loved it!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, i just got the lifeproof for the 5 and yes the sound sucks, not really the hearing people or talking but when you have your phone on sound all the sounds sound like crap, but i dont have any probs with the air pocket and i had one for my 4 and i loved it!

So the sound on the new one is worse than the one for the 4?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you mean the sound of the effects like rings, whistles and that sort yes alot worse in my opinion but if you mean hearing or speaking in phone conversations i dont think so, i didnt have that problem with the lifeproof for my 4 and i dont really have it with the case for my 5

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you mean the sound of the effects like rings, whistles and that sort yes alot worse in my opinion but if you mean hearing or speaking in phone conversations i dont think so, i didnt have that problem with the lifeproof for my 4 and i dont really have it with the case for my 5

Ok it's a week later how do you like it? Just got my 5 and ordered one. I know sound isn't great when listening to music radio without headphones. I just want to hear on a call and for them to hear me. Also heard on some screen isn't as responsive. People having issues hanging up calls etc. hoping that was first round of cases. Heard new batch better.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no problems with the case, i think its great, the touch response is great, everything is good except, when you have your phone on noise, something vibrates or interferes with the phones sound, so the rings, and sound effects dont sound good at all they have like a rattle or something, but i have no problem with the calls, that may be due to the fact that the iphone 5 is alot louder also

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems with the case, i think its great, the touch response is great, everything is good except, when you have your phone on noise, something vibrates or interferes with the phones sound, so the rings, and sound effects dont sound good at all they have like a rattle or something, but i have no problem with the calls, that may be due to the fact that the iphone 5 is alot louder also

Awesome thanks. I am used to muffled sound when listening to music without the headphones. My biggest concerns were the screen and sound on calls. I was reading people were having problems "ending" calls. Also issues with prox sensor.

pug29

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a lifeproof case for the 5 recently (like in the last couple of days) and it been worth a sh!t? I read a couple of reviews at Best Buy saying that there were new shipments coming in with updated cases that actually allow the phone to be used like its supposed to (screen protector not an issue/proximity sensor, etc.). Not sure that I believe that or not, but I'm going to take a chance and pick another one up tomorrow.

pug29

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a lifeproof case for the 5 recently (like in the last couple of days) and it been worth a sh!t? I read a couple of reviews at Best Buy saying that there were new shipments coming in with updated cases that actually allow the phone to be used like its supposed to (screen protector not an issue/proximity sensor, etc.). Not sure that I believe that or not, but I'm going to take a chance and pick another one up tomorrow.

Also, the one I bought last had the foam inside instead of the plastic and that was the newest change at that point.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I ordered directly through lifeproof that way I knew (hoped) that they would send out the latest version. Who knows how long things sit in best buy warehouses. My case has no issues at all. Love it.

pug29

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Just picked mine up and installed... Seems to be better for now. Screen protector laying flat and tested proximity sensor/awful noise on a phone call for a couple of minutes. Screen came back on when I pulled away from my ear and it allowed me to hit the end button. Didn't get any noise on that call, but time will tell.

Also, just took the sticker off the back... Came off easily with no residue left on the case.

Last edited:

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So i had the rattle too, and i just put one of the cotton rounds that my wife takes off her makeup with a little below the apple logo then closed back up my lifeproof, wallah, no rattle, they are also the perfect size too!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So i had the rattle too, and i just put one of the cotton rounds that my wife takes off her makeup with a little below the apple logo then closed back up my lifeproof, wallah, no rattle, they are also the perfect size too!

Like macgyver. Very nice.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Just tried the Lifeproof for iPhone 5 and its going back tomorrow. Sounds weren't too bad, but the screen is terrible (can't get top of screen to respond to touch) and it completely makes the noise canceling microphone obsolete because it's 100% obstructed. Waste of money!!

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I bought the LP case for my 5 a few days ago. The person on the other end sounded just fine, but I kept hearing a strange humming sound. Also, the speaker quality is awful. I really like the design and love how thin the case is, but I'm returning mine tomorrow. The vibrating of the case while I'm playing music is pretty bad. I was hoping for a thinner option than my Otterbox Defender, but this isn't it. (And it's $86 after taxes? yikes)

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Lifeproof, everything works fine except the screen protector is a little too raised near the top. It takes a little extra force to get the the touch screen to respond there.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone waiting on the Otterbox Armor series waterproof case? I'm waiting to see the product and to see if Lifeproof has any competition

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner