Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
    iPhone Newbie

Default LifeProof case now ready!

Quote Originally Posted by pug29 View Post
    Has anyone gotten a lifeproof case for the 5 recently (like in the last couple of days) and it been worth a sh!t? I read a couple of reviews at Best Buy saying that there were new shipments coming in with updated cases that actually allow the phone to be used like its supposed to (screen protector not an issue/proximity sensor, etc.). Not sure that I believe that or not, but I'm going to take a chance and pick another one up tomorrow.
    Also, the one I bought last had the foam inside instead of the plastic and that was the newest change at that point.

Global Posts
    3,436 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by pug29 View Post
    Has anyone gotten a lifeproof case for the 5 recently (like in the last couple of days) and it been worth a sh!t? I read a couple of reviews at Best Buy saying that there were new shipments coming in with updated cases that actually allow the phone to be used like its supposed to (screen protector not an issue/proximity sensor, etc.). Not sure that I believe that or not, but I'm going to take a chance and pick another one up tomorrow.
    I ordered directly through lifeproof that way I knew (hoped) that they would send out the latest version. Who knows how long things sit in best buy warehouses. My case has no issues at all. Love it.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Exchanged one today at best buy. Still same problems. I'm gonna exchange it every two - three weeks until the prob is fixed
    iPhone Newbie

Just picked mine up and installed... Seems to be better for now. Screen protector laying flat and tested proximity sensor/awful noise on a phone call for a couple of minutes. Screen came back on when I pulled away from my ear and it allowed me to hit the end button. Didn't get any noise on that call, but time will tell.

Also, just took the sticker off the back... Came off easily with no residue left on the case.
    Last edited by pug29; 11-29-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

So i had the rattle too, and i just put one of the cotton rounds that my wife takes off her makeup with a little below the apple logo then closed back up my lifeproof, wallah, no rattle, they are also the perfect size too!

Global Posts
    3,436 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by jmendel33 View Post
    So i had the rattle too, and i just put one of the cotton rounds that my wife takes off her makeup with a little below the apple logo then closed back up my lifeproof, wallah, no rattle, they are also the perfect size too!
    Like macgyver. Very nice.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Just tried the Lifeproof for iPhone 5 and its going back tomorrow. Sounds weren't too bad, but the screen is terrible (can't get top of screen to respond to touch) and it completely makes the noise canceling microphone obsolete because it's 100% obstructed. Waste of money!!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: LifeProof case now ready!

I bought the LP case for my 5 a few days ago. The person on the other end sounded just fine, but I kept hearing a strange humming sound. Also, the speaker quality is awful. I really like the design and love how thin the case is, but I'm returning mine tomorrow. The vibrating of the case while I'm playing music is pretty bad. I was hoping for a thinner option than my Otterbox Defender, but this isn't it. (And it's $86 after taxes? yikes)
    iMore Intermediate

Just got the Lifeproof, everything works fine except the screen protector is a little too raised near the top. It takes a little extra force to get the the touch screen to respond there.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Is anyone waiting on the Otterbox Armor series waterproof case? I'm waiting to see the product and to see if Lifeproof has any competition
    Thanked by:
    trtmazda3 (12-17-2012)
    iMore Intermediate

One observation already, people have a tough time hearing me on a call unless my mouth is right up to the microphone
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Current

I have the LP case for my 4S. Just got this one a few days ago. Was very surprised at the improvement in this case. No sound muffling to my callers. No screen problems. No rattles. I have the red one, and I bought the belt clip as well. I'm not a phone in pocket kinda guy. And I work on commercial dishwashers, so I am always around water. I dropped my old Motorola Q in one once....wasn't good. Happy so far!

Global Posts
    3,436 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Got a replacement from lifeproof. Newest version very nice. Couldn't imagine not using the case
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

I just received my 3rd lifeproof case in the mail and I am pleased to announce that all previous problems with the case have been fixed! First case I had, had the "pillowing" effect on the top and the bottom of the iPhone, had the high pitched noise come out of the earpiece, and couldn't end a call. I got my 2nd case, still had the "pillowing" effect on the top and the bottom, but not as bad as the first generation. It fixed the high pitched noise and the ability to end a call. The only reason I sent it back was because they sent me the wrong color. Very good customer service. Got my 3rd case in the mail today, and I am pleased to announce this 3rd gen case is much, much better! No "pillowing", no high pitched noise from the earpiece, and can end a call! Slim, sleek, waterproof, dust proof, etc and can fit easily in the pocket. Sound is much better too! Overall a 10/10 for sure!
    iPhone Nanite

I use Lifeproof and I don't have any problems. I dropped it on the ground many times on bike and snowboard, and it is still working 100% in mud, rain and snow. I don't know how it works in deep water, but filming girls in swimming pool – no problem.
    For compering and calculating prices (with transport, taxes…) I found this useful page: lifeproofcases.bike-park-slovenia.com/where-can-i-buy-lifeproof-case .

Some of you guys have problems, but for me, it is working as I expected.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123