Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

Default LifeProof case now ready!

Ya I had the LP on my 4S , it was a love/hate relationship. I loved that I could shower with my phone and control music within the shower to my Bluetooth speaker, but I HATED the air pocket between the screen protector and the phone it sucked so bad I pressed down on it 24/7 and it always came back I called customer service (they were very friendly) and they told me how to "fix" it and I tried everything it always came back. Loved it other than that. I was really hoping the new case for the 5 would have this issue fixed but it looks like its not. It's a shame they are such good cases otherwise...otterbox seems to have it down pat because I'm using a defender on my 5 right now and the screen protector is perfectly flush with the screen. So obviously it's not too hard to accomplish that

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    you absolutely cannot use a screen protector with a life proof case. EVEN IF you were able to install the case on your phone with the glass.t still on, you run the risk of compromising the case sealing completely and that could be a HUGE problem if your phone gets dropped into water, snow. Etc.

If you plan on using the LP, remove the glass.t and store it somewhere safe so that you can use it again in the future if you chose to do so

life proof cases are funky like that. After you install the case on your phone, you literally have to hold the phone in between your hands and press out the air. It may come back here and there, but continuing to do so eventually the LP will conform to your phone and you wont have to press out the air anymore.

(I used to use an LP on my 4S)
    Thanks pink.do you use your LP on daily basis?because i read somewhere that the seal that you click into will easily worn out and it has a limit on how many times you take it off and On.

Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by skyscraper0426 View Post
    Thanks pink.do you use your LP on daily basis?because i read somewhere that the seal that you click into will easily worn out and it has a limit on how many times you take it off and On.
    You can take it on and off 50 times.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: LifeProof case now ready!

Quote Originally Posted by macleod644 View Post
    Ya I had the LP on my 4S , it was a love/hate relationship. I loved that I could shower with my phone and control music.....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Same here. Love/hate. Minus the Bluetooth for me. +1 for Music/shower.

Quote Originally Posted by skyscraper0426 View Post
    Yw. And no. I don't use my LP anymore. After using it for a month, I couldn't stand it anymore. The sound was more muffled for me than I would've liked, and that really bugged me. I did love the case at first because it didn't matter if it was raining out. If I had my phone in my hand and it got wet.. So what. But that was then, and this is now. I actually use my phone naked. No cover anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreddyl View Post
    You can take it on and off 50 times.
    Thanks Phreddyl. Just to add to this, keep in mind, if you put the case on and then take it off, that counts for 2 times - 1 on, 1 off.
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    Thanked by:
    phreddyl (11-08-2012)
    phreddyl and skyscraper04 like this.

Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks. Never really thought of that. I am too neurotic to take it off anyway. I work by a pool.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks. Never really thought of that. I am too neurotic to take it off anyway. I work by a pool.
    np at all. And in your situation, I'd be neurotic also and never take it off either. OR I'd use an AquaPac. That's what I use now when needing music in the shower, or hanging out poolside
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

I use the LP case and haven't had any problems with the sound or the touchscreen after I pressed the air out. I like the idea of being able to use my phone almost anywhere without having to worry about it getting damaged. The case is also thin enough to slip into my pocket when it is not in my belt clip.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

Yikes! Not sure what I wanna do, now. I would sure hate to drop the $$$ on a case and hate it, like I did with my old LifeProof.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...DSC0257222.jpg
    My first pride and joy: 2008 Mazda3 S Touring
    Second: iPhone!

Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by trtmazda3 View Post
    Yikes! Not sure what I wanna do, now. I would sure hate to drop the $$$ on a case and hate it, like I did with my old LifeProof.
    Then buy from best buy and return if you hate it.
    iPhone Nanite

what's the price at Bestbuy?

Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by IttyBittyLiz View Post
    what's the price at Bestbuy?
    Should be the same $80. No markup.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #37  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,917 Global Posts

For the record, I did use my iPhone 4 in the lifeproof case for several weeks with a screen protector on it. I did notice that the screen was not as sensitive to touch as without. Also, it caused those "wet" spots to appear more.

I have since took it off (was just a cheap static one, not a wet installation type...) And everything is nice and smooth.

I love the lifeproof case. I wish they made them for more phones.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

Then buy from best buy and return if you hate it.
    Or wait until the AT&T store I work at gets them in stock so I can use my employee discount and get 40% off. Yeah, probably gonna do that.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...DSC0257222.jpg
    My first pride and joy: 2008 Mazda3 S Touring
    Second: iPhone!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Best Buy is $79.99. Saw 2 black ones at 2 Best Buy's I've been to. Unfortunately I'm looking for the white/grey.

Follow me on the Twitter! @_jorts
    Follow me on the Twitter - @_jorts
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,917 Global Posts

I have to say I'm a bit miffed over these being a available at Best Buy when many of us signed up for preorder status. So that we could get them before the general public did. I am in the first group and can order any time, but some are not allowed to order until end of the month.

Not the end of the world or anything, but still doesn't seem quite right.

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts

I bought one from Best Buy yesterday. This thing cost me 86 bucks out the door. What a piece of junk!!!!!! The sound is just horrible! The touch is very sketchy. All the negative reviews regarding sound is spot on and consistent. I called Life Proof and talked to a girl named Stephenie. She said they are well aware of the sound problem and working on a fix. I say she was full of BS. Seriously folks, it's really bad when it comes to sound.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #42  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,917 Global Posts

Hmmm, the LifeProof I am using on my old 4 works great. The screen is as responsive as without the case. The sound is different. They turn the back of the case into a sound chamber. I think it works pretty good. I was just setting here in a noisy setting (break room at work, lots of people) and I could here just fine. Still better than my HTC Rezound.

Maybe the new case isnt as good as the old version??

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

Global Posts
    3,701 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

Am I the only one who finds complaints about sound on a case that you can swim with or burry it in mud odd???

I got the original LifeProof case, not as a daily driver, but for those occasions when I need a tough case. I will get the LifeProof for the iP5 for the same type of use.
    iMore Intermediate

I have to say, i just got the lifeproof for the 5 and yes the sound sucks, not really the hearing people or talking but when you have your phone on sound all the sounds sound like crap, but i dont have any probs with the air pocket and i had one for my 4 and i loved it!

Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by jmendel33 View Post
    I have to say, i just got the lifeproof for the 5 and yes the sound sucks, not really the hearing people or talking but when you have your phone on sound all the sounds sound like crap, but i dont have any probs with the air pocket and i had one for my 4 and i loved it!
    So the sound on the new one is worse than the one for the 4?
    iMore Intermediate

If you mean the sound of the effects like rings, whistles and that sort yes alot worse in my opinion but if you mean hearing or speaking in phone conversations i dont think so, i didnt have that problem with the lifeproof for my 4 and i dont really have it with the case for my 5

Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version

If you mean the sound of the effects like rings, whistles and that sort yes alot worse in my opinion but if you mean hearing or speaking in phone conversations i dont think so, i didnt have that problem with the lifeproof for my 4 and i dont really have it with the case for my 5
    Ok it's a week later how do you like it? Just got my 5 and ordered one. I know sound isn't great when listening to music radio without headphones. I just want to hear on a call and for them to hear me. Also heard on some screen isn't as responsive. People having issues hanging up calls etc. hoping that was first round of cases. Heard new batch better.
    iMore Intermediate

I have no problems with the case, i think its great, the touch response is great, everything is good except, when you have your phone on noise, something vibrates or interferes with the phones sound, so the rings, and sound effects dont sound good at all they have like a rattle or something, but i have no problem with the calls, that may be due to the fact that the iphone 5 is alot louder also
    Thanked by:
    phreddyl (11-20-2012)

Global Posts
    2,633 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have no problems with the case, i think its great, the touch response is great, everything is good except, when you have your phone on noise, something vibrates or interferes with the phones sound, so the rings, and sound effects dont sound good at all they have like a rattle or something, but i have no problem with the calls, that may be due to the fact that the iphone 5 is alot louder also
    Awesome thanks. I am used to muffled sound when listening to music without the headphones. My biggest concerns were the screen and sound on calls. I was reading people were having problems "ending" calls. Also issues with prox sensor.
    iPhone Newbie

Has anyone gotten a lifeproof case for the 5 recently (like in the last couple of days) and it been worth a sh!t? I read a couple of reviews at Best Buy saying that there were new shipments coming in with updated cases that actually allow the phone to be used like its supposed to (screen protector not an issue/proximity sensor, etc.). Not sure that I believe that or not, but I'm going to take a chance and pick another one up tomorrow.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast