LifeProof case now ready!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, I had one of the first production units out since I preordered it before anyone really even knew about the case. I have heard that the later models got a lot better and LifeProof customer service was always very responsive and helpful regarding any problem I had.

I may give this new one a try. It was fun to be able to take my phone out in the rain or in the swimming pool.

Can you include a link that says its glass screen- I looked and didnt see anything- thanks

disflipissofresh

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Bought one yesterday at bestbuy, put it on the phone and I did not like it. I hear people are saying it's glass screen, no it isn't. It's the same as the 4/4s which is thin plastic. But that's not the reason why I'm returning it. It's because when the phone is in the case, there is a large amount of space between the screen and the case plastic screen that you literally have press it for the touchscreen to respond. And that I didn't like because the point of touchscreen is so you don't have to press the screen to work. Lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the spigen glas.t on my screen its pretty thick.do you guys think it would fit on the lifeproof case?
you absolutely cannot use a screen protector with a life proof case. EVEN IF you were able to install the case on your phone with the glass.t still on, you run the risk of compromising the case sealing completely and that could be a HUGE problem if your phone gets dropped into water, snow. Etc.

If you plan on using the LP, remove the glass.t and store it somewhere safe so that you can use it again in the future if you chose to do so:)

Bought one yesterday at bestbuy, put it on the phone and I did not like it. I hear people are saying it's glass screen, no it isn't. It's the same as the 4/4s which is thin plastic. But that's not the reason why I'm returning it. It's because when the phone is in the case, there is a large amount of space between the screen and the case plastic screen that you literally have press it for the touchscreen to respond. And that I didn't like because the point of touchscreen is so you don't have to press the screen to work. Lol

life proof cases are funky like that. After you install the case on your phone, you literally have to hold the phone in between your hands and press out the air. It may come back here and there, but continuing to do so eventually the LP will conform to your phone and you wont have to press out the air anymore.

(I used to use an LP on my 4S)

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Ya I had the LP on my 4S , it was a love/hate relationship. I loved that I could shower with my phone and control music within the shower to my Bluetooth speaker, but I HATED the air pocket between the screen protector and the phone it sucked so bad I pressed down on it 24/7 and it always came back I called customer service (they were very friendly) and they told me how to "fix" it and I tried everything it always came back. Loved it other than that. I was really hoping the new case for the 5 would have this issue fixed but it looks like its not. It's a shame they are such good cases otherwise...otterbox seems to have it down pat because I'm using a defender on my 5 right now and the screen protector is perfectly flush with the screen. So obviously it's not too hard to accomplish that

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
you absolutely cannot use a screen protector with a life proof case. EVEN IF you were able to install the case on your phone with the glass.t still on, you run the risk of compromising the case sealing completely and that could be a HUGE problem if your phone gets dropped into water, snow. Etc.

If you plan on using the LP, remove the glass.t and store it somewhere safe so that you can use it again in the future if you chose to do so:)

life proof cases are funky like that. After you install the case on your phone, you literally have to hold the phone in between your hands and press out the air. It may come back here and there, but continuing to do so eventually the LP will conform to your phone and you wont have to press out the air anymore.

(I used to use an LP on my 4S)

Thanks pink.do you use your LP on daily basis?because i read somewhere that the seal that you click into will easily worn out and it has a limit on how many times you take it off and On.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ya I had the LP on my 4S , it was a love/hate relationship. I loved that I could shower with my phone and control music.....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Same here. Love/hate. Minus the Bluetooth for me. +1 for Music/shower.

Thanks pink.do you use your LP on daily basis?because i read somewhere that the seal that you click into will easily worn out and it has a limit on how many times you take it off and On.
Yw. And no. I don't use my LP anymore. After using it for a month, I couldn't stand it anymore. The sound was more muffled for me than I would've liked, and that really bugged me. I did love the case at first because it didn't matter if it was raining out. If I had my phone in my hand and it got wet.. So what. But that was then, and this is now. I actually use my phone naked. No cover anymore :)
You can take it on and off 50 times.

Thanks Phreddyl. Just to add to this, keep in mind, if you put the case on and then take it off, that counts for 2 times - 1 on, 1 off.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Never really thought of that. I am too neurotic to take it off anyway. I work by a pool.

:)np at all. And in your situation, I'd be neurotic also and never take it off either. OR I'd use an AquaPac. That's what I use now when needing music in the shower, or hanging out poolside;)

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I use the LP case and haven't had any problems with the sound or the touchscreen after I pressed the air out. I like the idea of being able to use my phone almost anywhere without having to worry about it getting damaged. The case is also thin enough to slip into my pocket when it is not in my belt clip.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Yikes! Not sure what I wanna do, now. I would sure hate to drop the $$$ on a case and hate it, like I did with my old LifeProof.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I did use my iPhone 4 in the lifeproof case for several weeks with a screen protector on it. I did notice that the screen was not as sensitive to touch as without. Also, it caused those "wet" spots to appear more.

I have since took it off (was just a cheap static one, not a wet installation type...) And everything is nice and smooth.

I love the lifeproof case. I wish they made them for more phones.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy is $79.99. Saw 2 black ones at 2 Best Buy's I've been to. Unfortunately I'm looking for the white/grey.

Follow me on the Twitter! @_jorts

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to say I'm a bit miffed over these being a available at Best Buy when many of us signed up for preorder status. So that we could get them before the general public did. I am in the first group and can order any time, but some are not allowed to order until end of the month.

Not the end of the world or anything, but still doesn't seem quite right.

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR