Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Default Best iPad 3 keyboard case?

Looking for suggestions? On a budget. But all these knockoff and less than 50$ ones look sketch. Thinking of just biting the bullet soon and buy the Zagg keyboard case for a bill..
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Best iPad 3 keyboard case?

The biggest problem with all of the keyboard cases is the lack of flexibility. If you only use your iPad in landscape mode 100% of the time, you're in. But if you want to switch to portrait to play a game, the keyboard gets in the way. You're better off with a stand alone BT keyboard and a decent case with a kickstand.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    The biggest problem with all of the keyboard cases is the lack of flexibility. If you only use your iPad in landscape mode 100% of the time, you're in. But if you want to switch to portrait to play a game, the keyboard gets in the way. You're better off with a stand alone BT keyboard and a decent case with a kickstand.
    I agree although I do have the zagg keyboard case for my iPad 3. It's a great case and I love the keyboard. I also have a leather case that covers front and back and latches nicely when closed. I keep my iPad in that most of the time and and just use the zagg keyboard by itself. It is a good case though. Think about how you will use it before buying. Good luck.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Beginner

I mean it'd be convenient for me since I will be taking notes in class using it. But just iffy. Not sure if I should just buy a separate keyboard, instead of being the Zagg keyboard case combo
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by itsdamage17 View Post
    I mean it'd be convenient for me since I will be taking notes in class using it. But just iffy. Not sure if I should just buy a separate keyboard, instead of being the Zagg keyboard case combo
    depends on if you feel comfortable typing notes on the touch screen and depends on how many notes. I like the keyboard feel at times!
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Beginner

Well, bit the bullet and bought a Zagg green folio and Zagg solo keys from someone off Craigslist for $70. All in amazing condition. Love the keyboard, makes note taking so much more easier. Keys take a bit to get use to. The case is amazing, but only when the keyboards in place. If I take it out, feels too lose and open space. And just hate how it's so hard to pop the iPad back out. Feels like I'm going to scratch it :/ may keep my Targus folio and use the keyboard alone
    iPhone Nanite

2-in-1 Keyboard with Case

Best iPad 3 keyboard case?-ap-0005-009.jpg
    Specially designed 2-in-1 keyboard with protective case for iPad
    Built-in wireless Bluetooth 2.0 silicone keyboard
    Stylish protective PU leather case
    Displaying stand design for easy viewing
    Built-in rechargeable lithium battery lasts for approximately 45 hours per charge
    Light weight quiet keystrokes water resistant and dustproof
    Energy saving keyboard sleep mode
    Third party product NOT made by Apple Corp