Carrying sleeve for iPad mini?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I like the size and feel of the iPad mini a LOT - and don't really want to make it bigger with a case - which run on my 2 previous full size iPads.

Any thin sleeves out there for the mini yet, just to carry it around but can slip out quickly to use it with no case?

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That looks decent... And not pricey

I've had mine for a few months and was using it for a tab 7.7. It protected it really well. The mini does stick out about a quarter inch when it slides in, but the flap covers that part completely. I don't like to add size and weight with cases during use so this sleeve is the perfect solution for me.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know of some kind of protected film that could be used for the back? I have the Smart Cover for the front but this is not so smart for the back!

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of some kind of protected film that could be used for the back? I have the Smart Cover for the front but this is not so smart for the back!

I'm sure Zagg or one of the other companies will come out with a full body screen protector soon if they haven't already. Just be patient.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a Vera Bradley ereader sleeve. Most sleeves designed for 7 to 8 inch readers will fit the ipad mini.

No they won't. I got the smart cover and ordered something to protect the back but I also like a sleeve for when it is damp out. I went to Staples and tried several sleeves made for the Kindle Fire and the Fire HD (both 7" tablets) and the mini would not go into the sleeve. So you need something bigger.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

teejaywhy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I wanted something light that that I could toss in my purse, but still provided some protection. And the iPad mini had to fit with a Smart Cover attached. I found several options on Etsy.com. I ended up going with a simple wool felt sleeve.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Someone in another thread mentioned this one

http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU1954044.

Looks good and price can't be beat. I checked reviews for the brand in general and the ones for the iPhone got great reviews.

Might have been me, I have shared it in a couple of places because of how impressed I am. I have it for my iPhone 5 and iPad mini and they work great. To me they are the same as Zagg but for much less. I use a full body kit with my Apple Smart Cover. It not only protects the back, but also helps reduce the cover from sliding around on the screen when it is closed.

Huge bonus, if you order it from Amazon, they give you a coupon for a free second skin in the box. Not sure how long it will last but you can't beat that.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
That stuff would have been useful for my mini today... Dinged 'er up pretty bad... :-/ Now it's moot after the first scratch, it's like I've stopped caring...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73