iPad 3 cases / accessories with iPad 4?

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The change to the lightning port notwithstanding, should cases, etc, made for the iPad 3 work with the 4? I thought I'd read that there would be no additioanl changes to the dimensions/enclosure, but was nervous to purchase anything. Liking the Targus Slim case, but didnt' want to drop any cash until I knew for sure.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know this as well! I just bought an expensive case for my iPad3 and was wondering if I did get the 'new iPad4' if my case would fit.
I will probably keep my iPad3, being that I have no processor issues and even though I have lightening for my iPhone5, I still use the 30-pin dock for most everything else...

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh crap. Speakers. That would be the biggest issue. If the speaker placement has changed dramatically, we're in trouble. Otherwise it SHOULD be fine. Let me see if I can check some hands on pics.

Okay, whew. Bullet, dodged..

apple-ipad-4-preview-hands-on-0.jpg

The iPad Mini, however, has gotten the full redesign with the speakers on either side of the connector. Freaked me out for a second, as I thought it was a pic of the 4..

Regardless, because of this all iPad 2/3 cases will work, and it just saved me $60ish dollars!

Now, to find a cheap and sturdy iPad Mini case!

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple didn't say this was their thinnest iPad ever, so I'm guessing that's basically saying the dimensions haven't really changed ;)

Yeah, like I expected the only physical change was the swapping of the 30 pin to the lightning connector and the internals. Battery, casing, etc.. all the same.

That's fine with me. The only issue I had with the retina ipad was the lack of a performance boost, that's the only reason I'll upgrade my devices. Siri is nice, turn by turn is nice, but the upgrade from the iPad 2 to the 3 was nonexistent, unlike the 1 to the 2 or the 4 to the 5.

Can't wait, I'm tired of getting shipment notifications for stuff OTHER than the damn iPad. I got so excited tonight, then I saw it was the lightning to usb connector to transfer photos. Le sigh.

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess the big test will be the speakers. I really like the Targus slim cases, but no word from Targus yet on whether their cases will work.

MmmBba

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Targus's website, you'll see a graphic on their iPad (3rd generation) cases that say "3 & 4"...

"http://www.targus.com/us/section.aspx?buckettypeID=194&dBucketId=2978&navlevel1=products#dGFiPSZkbGVuZ3RoPTAmZHdpZHRoPTAmZGhlaWdodD0wJmxhc3RpdGVtPSZzb3J0Ynk9"

WAQAS4

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am looking a ipad 4 case that covers the bezel sides. It has to be leather something like the snugg case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711