My thoughts for Incipio Dual Pro for iPhone 5?? It SUCKS!!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It sucks. Don't waste your money. My wife dropped her i5 on out tile floor and the corner of her phone buckled. A case should protect your phone from drops. Good thing we have Apple Care+ because this case failed us at protecting.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, Garz. Good thing your Wife had AC+. Is her iPhone 5 bad enough that she would want to use one of the 2 allowed replacements already?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, Garz. Good thing your Wife had AC+. Is her iPhone 5 bad enough that she would want to use one of the 2 allowed replacements already?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

She is undecided yet. When cased, you can only see it a little as its right next to the headphone jack. But she knows it's there.
She may wait to do a physical damage claim later. We are leaving town today so she has a little time to think about it. Part of this drop she's how much weaker than aluminum bezel is compared to the steal of the 4S. She really dropped her 4S hard on the corner with a case on and phone was fine.

---------- Post Merged at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Wow surprised, normally Incipio makes, or made some good products in the past....

If you saw my tweets from a few days ago, I was about to order a white one for myself. I'm definitely not buying one now.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
perhaps an OtterBox might add protection needed... I dropped my iPhone 5 getting out of the car....Defender case saved my phone.... wasn't even worried...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
perhaps an OtterBox might add protection needed... I dropped my iPhone 5 getting out of the car....Defender case saved my phone.... wasn't even worried...

Yes it would but you shouldn't need a bulky case to protect against a drop. It wasn't even a long fall down at all.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes it would but you shouldn't need a bulky case to protect against a drop. It wasn't even a long fall down at all.

I just think some of those ultra thin cases aren't up to par protection wise. I only trust INCASE brand for the thin cases.... Perhaps LifeProof case when they come out...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I just think some of those ultra thin cases aren't up to par protection wise. I only trust INCASE brand for the thin cases.... Perhaps LifeProof case when they come out...

The Dual Pro is a dual layer case. It's not really thin at all. I really don't think you know what a Dual Pro is with you saying ultra thin.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it was the feather?

Regardless, count me as unenthused about the case.

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:22 PM ----------

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The Dual Pro is a dual layer case. It's not really thin at all. I really don't think you know what a Dual Pro is with you saying ultra thin.

I had purchased the Dual Pro, but I'm not settled in the Speck CandyShell Flip, it looks great, it's kind of thin, and seems to offer good protection.

Sent from my VZW iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:22 PM ----------

I know what the case is called. Its the Dual Pro and not the feather.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. I own the dual pro and I like the case and it seems to offer great protection. Although, now I'm thinking about the belkin grip max. I can never be satisfied with one case lol.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That's weird. I own the dual pro and I like the case and it seems to offer great protection. Although, now I'm thinking about the belkin grip max. I can never be satisfied with one case lol.

Anything that has silicone doesn't have the best drop protection. It dropped right on the corner where the silicone and hard shell meets and the silicone gave too much causing damage to the case.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Garz-

Actually I just swapped out my dual pro for an otterbox commuter. The silicone piece was causing me some concern. The top of the phone and bottom of the phone has the silicone piece as protection only. I felt like if I dropped my phone the silicone piece wouldn't be enough. Also, it collects so much dirt and lint that it drove me crazy. So far so good with the commuter though.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I like my dual pro but definitely miss the top and bottom protection the commuter offers. Not a bad case but as Garz has evidenced, the silicone, alone, doesn't prevent damage.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Garz-

Actually I just swapped out my dual pro for an otterbox commuter. The silicone piece was causing me some concern. The top of the phone and bottom of the phone has the silicone piece as protection only. I felt like if I dropped my phone the silicone piece wouldn't be enough. Also, it collects so much dirt and lint that it drove me crazy. So far so good with the commuter though.

I do believe you are much better off with the commuter for drop protection.

Flippant

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought it felt pretty solid on visual inspection. After your post I purchase a Speck Candyshell Grip. It says on the box it "meets or exceeds Military Grade drop protection. Now d didn't know the Army was testing iPhone cases or where the results are posted but it seems to be no more duruble than the Incipio by my layman's inspection.

I just want something that won't slip out of my hands while I attempt tp text one handed with my iPhone 6. The Incipio was fine because of it's textyre and the Speck Grip is even better.

I wonder though after your report.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR