- iMore Intermediate
- 144 Posts
iPhone 5 Car Charger?
I stopped into the Apple store Friday night and asked about car chargers. They don't have any yet but should soon. He said that the cord that I have will plug into my current charger but that would mean having to carry my home cord with me. I'll only do that if I think I'm going to run the phone down like on a road trip.
My issue is, I like the dual charges that I've seen that will do the iPhone 4 earlier along with the iPad (charges them together). I'm probably going to see my current iPad when the new one comes out and most likely it will have the smaller connector so I'm probably going to have to wait until then to get a dual charger to cover both products.
- 10-01-2012, 09:39 PM #2
Re: iPhone 5 Car Charger?
Your making it way to hard on yourself. Buy one of these and for $13 your problems are solved. Just plug your Lightning or 30 pin cables in and charge away. Any USB style car chargers will work, just make sure at least one port is a 2 amp port as that's need to charge an iPad. Make sure you read descriptions or packaging carefully. Many will advertise as 2 amp but that's two amps total, one amp for each port so they will not charge an iPad. Don't worry about getting something specifically made for an iPhone/iPad. Get one of these universal chargers. Plus you can charge your friends Android, a Kindle, the kids Vita's, etc.
- 10-01-2012, 11:18 PM #3
- By scorpiodsu in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 9Last Post: 09-29-2012, 05:25 PM
- By JasonG in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 05-16-2011, 04:42 PM
- By sandman1318 in forum AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 05-12-2010, 04:12 AM
- By E-Bot in forum AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-13-2008, 06:51 AM
- By dhp1080 in forum AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-03-2008, 11:33 AM